Any ideas how I can enjoy anniversary vacation without having sex??

The story is this:
I am 19 weeks pregnant, and discovered on my ultrasound this past Wednesday that I have a complete Placenta previa (the placenta is Completely covering my cervix), and the doctor told me no pelvic exams, no intercourse or sexual stimulation... at Least until my 28 week ultrasound to check again where the placement of the placenta is.
About a month ago, my husband planned an early 3-day anniversary vacation sans our 2 year old daughter (she will be watched by some close friends of ours). That mini-vacation is just 2 weeks away! We can't move the dates because we are attending a Broadway tour show that will only be here for very specific times.
It's real discouraging to think about spending this amazing time alone with my husband and not be able to do anything sexually. Anyone have any ideas, please?

LadyBugTLD

Asked by LadyBugTLD at 11:38 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Just concentrate on keeping that bundle of baby safe. If hubby's gone through all that for your anniversary I bet he wants to do everything possilble to tell baby about it years from now!!! Congratulations and Prayers for you!!! Sometimes the ultimate act of love is to not have sex.
    Anonymous

• not being able to do anything sexually on your anniversary will be a bit of a downer but im sure you can find other ways to enjoy your vacation, especially the broadway show! try going to dinner, going to places around town, etc. hope it all works out and you have an amazing time!
    shelbysunflower

Answer by shelbysunflower at 11:42 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I'm sorry you are both going to have to abstain. The best thing I can think is to keep out of sight of each other when you're both undressed. I would even call the hotel and ask for two double beds.

Really is tough, but you need to keep in mind it's not about you two anymore. Your baby is counting on you both to hold it together a bit longer!

Go have a good time and treat each other like good FRIENDS.....which you are!

timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 11:43 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Blow job?
    Anonymous

• So sorry to hear- I hope everything works out and you have a healthy pregnancy and baby.
    You can do a lot more than have sex. I know it's hard once you get so far to not actually have sex but you can still fool around ;) Enjoy your anniversary- it's sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 11:49 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Ya you could always do things for him, and if you can control yourself, kissing and cuddling is ALWAYS nice.
    ours

Answer by ours at 12:05 AM on May. 3, 2009

• Lady your need to controll your hormones
    Twinkiesmom001

Answer by Twinkiesmom001 at 12:11 AM on May. 3, 2009

• id try to keep myself buisy doing other things...depending on where your going im sure there are many things you can do like a beach/lake nearby or the movies...or the park maybe window shopping at the mall (or really shopping :D) spend time at night watching movies together instead of doing "it"
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 12:45 AM on May. 3, 2009

• So, you think you HAVE to have sex to have FUN? Ummmm, man what did you do when you were a kid? I think you can find plenty to do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on May. 3, 2009