When should I stop laying on my back and stomach??

As soon as I became pregnant (before I even knew I was pregnant) I started to feel most comfortable on my stomach or back. I was told it was fine for the time being (I found out at 4weeks I was pregnant). Well now I have entered my 2nd trimester & I was wondering when I am suppose to stop laying on both my stomach & on my back...will it hurt baby if I mess up & lay that way in my sleep by accident?? Sorry if this all sounds dumb, this is my first & I'm a little weary on the exact do's & dont's of some things still...

WannabeMommy87

Asked by WannabeMommy87 at 11:41 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was told once you hit 20 weeks to start laying on either your left or right side (the left has better blood flow to the baby though). And as for laying on your back when youre asleep and not realizing it, I am 26 weeks and I will end up on my back from time to time while I'm asleep but I usually get woken up because I am uncomfortable. I was told that is your body warning you to get off your back so that you have enough time to change positions before it starts affecting the baby.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:08 AM on May. 3, 2009

• i cant remember "when" but I'm pretty sure by now it's a safe bet to sleep on your side or tummy (if you can lol). sleeping on the back could cause problems, but if you fall asleep and wake up on your back, dont panic! most likely your body sent signals to the brain to wake up so you can flip over. I did that many times. your body knows!
    Anonymous

• I'm a stomach sleeper. I slept on my stomach as long as I was able to. One night, it was just impossible. You'll know.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 11:48 PM on May. 2, 2009

• My doctor told me I couldn't sleep on my back or stomach after 20 weeks.
    LadyJayne27

Answer by LadyJayne27 at 11:55 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I agree...20 weeks is when you should lay on your side
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 12:19 AM on May. 3, 2009