I want to cut her hair short!!!

My daughter (9 mos old) has very curly hair, and it's so damn unruly!! I have to fight with her just to comb it! I'm tempted to just cut her hair short so it's more manageable. Has anyone ever been tempted to cut their child's hair short??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It gets easier if you let it grow a bit. I bathe my 2 year old daily and use conditioner to get the tangles out and Loreal Kid's Detangler spray if we skip a day. Although, at that age I did want to hack it all off,lol.
    misfit_biscuit

Answer by misfit_biscuit at 9:36 PM on May. 3, 2009

• my daughters was somewhat the same..but i knew if i cut it off i would regret it, because then ya just hafta go thru that pain in the ass process when it grew back...so i just left it an dealt with the annoyance..lol..luckily her hair grew really fast, and before i knew it, it was down to her bum
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:59 PM on May. 2, 2009

• My 11 year olds hair was like that when she was 6 months old. I wouldn't cut it short--just trim it up a little.
    kgck_momma

Answer by kgck_momma at 11:59 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I just did with me dd who had curly hair its in a angle bob i have pis on my page if you want to see how it turned out

aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 12:42 AM on May. 3, 2009

• lmao, I wish my DD's hair would GROW so I could manage it. She's got unruly curly hair too. But it's so short, that there isn't anything I can do with it (especially since it's thin in some areas).
    I would let it grow out. If your DD is mixed, there are products you can buy to help with her hair. I know I buy some for my DD, and it helps A LOT. If not.. there are still products you can buy to help (I have curly hair, too, lol). Either way, I learned a lot of tricks along the way, to manage hair. You can PM me anytime if you wanna talk.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:57 AM on May. 3, 2009

• my dd's hair was the same till i started using shampoo and conditioner for curly/wavy hair the brand i use is treseme being thats what i use on my hair and its been more manageable. i comb her hair out while she still in the bath so its less of a hassle she is occupied with the bath toys . i have a few occasional knots but not as bad as before and she is 17 months and her hair is almost to her butt
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 1:10 AM on May. 3, 2009