Why are you married instead of with your partner as a SO or the reverse? My hubby and I married to give each other the best love and legal coverage we could for each other, and our kids as each came along.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on May. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• Honestly, because it never occured to either of us to just spend endless years living together. Both of our parents expected it and I guess so did we.

We've been married almost 25 years now. Most of the time it has been great!

I have to say, that some people live together without being married and do so happily for many years. It just wasn't right for us.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 12:07 AM on May. 3, 2009

• Truthfully, because he knocked me up and it was important to him that the mother of his child be his wife. But we probably would have gotten married later on anyway. Having a family together was always in the plan.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 12:13 AM on May. 3, 2009

• i married my husband after 4 years of being together because we both felt it was the logical next step in our relationship. i wanted to;

1) announce to our familys/friends that this was the person we had chosen to be our partner for life,

2) it was a way to express to each other that how we felt,

3) i wanted any future children to share a last name that was a family name, rather than MY name or HIS name, and

4) it just felt right.

we have now been married almost 7 years, have two children together, and have absolutely no regrets.

katiemum

Answer by katiemum at 12:15 AM on May. 3, 2009

• I have 0 intentions of every getting remarried. My s/o and I are better off not to get married for legal and financial reasons. In my case, marriage is nothing but a legally binding contract which I don't need to show my love.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 12:34 AM on May. 3, 2009

• We were both divorced and when we decided to move in together we held a non-legal ceremony with friends and family in attendance. When we talked about having kids though I politely informed him that the children would have my last name which could either be his too or not. He was the one against the legal marriage in the first place because he doens't like big brother ahving their hands in so many things. Well he opted to go get the legal marriage license and then conceived our first about 4 days later (not planned quite that quickly).
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:51 AM on May. 3, 2009