My son is 13 months old just two upper teeth

i asked this earlier i dont know aht to give him for breakfast???& two he doesnt chew he just swallows,he still eats stage 3 fruit.What can i give him thats mushy besides baby yogurt and wheat germ????hes really picky.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on May. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• you can give your son pretty much anything ( use your brain though) if you think about it kids don't chew with their front teeth anyways. my son is the same age and has the top two and bottom two. he eats literally everything I give him from scrambled eggs, to mac and cheese, to hot dogs, to oreos. Give little little pieces (hot dogs, cookies) until hes used to chewing it. I was terrified to give my son these thing til one of my friends who has 3 kids and a lil older then me said "girlfriend you need to give that child real food!!!" The next day he watched me dump chili in the trash and I was washing it.. and would you know he popped the lid up and had chili in both hands going "MMmMMMMMM" I knew she was right and he loves EVERYTHING :)
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 12:20 AM on May. 3, 2009

• He will gum toast. I gave my son raisin toast....lightly toasted and in small squares with butter.

Try him on apple cinnamon oatmeal, too.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 12:20 AM on May. 3, 2009

• ok i will try some stuff,but hot dog is a chokin hazard.I mean to each is own,but i can do without the hot dog.And uh duh i know kids dont chew with there front teeth.I said he doesnt chew or gum he just swallows.Imagine me giving a tiny little piece of a hot dog,no thanks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on May. 3, 2009

• Take it slow with things are are easy for him to mash with his tongue and gums. Like toast, crackers, pasta, things like that that are really soft. He'll figure it out and eventually he will be able to do little bits of things like hot dogs. You're right to not go straight to stuff like that IMO. Just take it slow and let him lead you. While he's figuring it out he will gag a few times, so don't let it totally freak you out. I still gag once in a while when I'm in a hurry lol! As long as he's coughing and getting it up himself, he's fine. Just back off for a day or two and try again. (I know it sounds scary, but kids that age can handle a lot more than we give them credit for!)
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 1:02 AM on May. 3, 2009

• Thank you samantha.I will take your advice.Thanks sooooooooooooo much.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on May. 3, 2009

• smushed up banana, gerber yogurt melts
    Kimbobernoberly

Answer by Kimbobernoberly at 2:56 AM on May. 3, 2009

• Bananas are really mushy just beware they are just as MESSY! Kiwi is pretty mushy too!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 4:48 AM on May. 3, 2009