Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need Legal Advice-In August 2004 I made a $2000 deposit on some land and was going to pay the rest of the payments in monthly payments. 2 months after I made the deposit my uncle said that he put $200 deposit down on the same land.

So I went to the lady and asked her about it and she said that she would give him his money back. So I told her that was fine but I would like my money back. She tried to keep me in to keeping it and this went on for about a year. Then June 2006 I told I had purchased a home and I did not want the land I would like my money back. She said she could not pay me. So I got a notary to be there for us to sign a contract of her paying me $50 a month until the debt is paid. I have received 10 payments from her in the course of 3 years when it should be paid off. I have called her written her statements and I am getting no where. She still owes me $1500. She says she is on a tight income and can pay me when she can. I told her I have a budget that I have to go by also for me and my kids. I need you to make the payments or pay me in full. Is it to late to take her to court? She says if I take her she will tell them like she told me.

Answer Question

Asked by keykey289 at 12:13 AM on May. 3, 2009 in Money & Work

Level 2 (4 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • That money should have went into an escrow(sp) account, she shouldnt have sent ANY of it.

    Answer by LuvsDanika at 12:19 AM on May. 3, 2009

  • Oh and sorry, no I dont think it is too late for you to take her to court, you have a gined contract by her saying that she would pay you as long as you have records of everytime she did pay you then you should be fine and she will be ordered by the courts to pay you every month, if not in full. You will just have to take her to small claims court

    Answer by LuvsDanika at 12:21 AM on May. 3, 2009

  • Ok, well no its not too late if you have a paper trial for everything! And the thing is she can tell the court that she cant pay you, and if you win and pursue it, you can have them do a sherif sale on her property to pay you! I know this because i was fighting an exboss of mine and he took me to court it came out that he won and i was fighting further when a sherif knocked on my door! He took me for $855!!!! I tried to pay him twice in payments and he just wouldnt cash my checks and thats why i was fighting it! So yes to answer your can! Write Judge Judy! LOL she doenst mess around! Good luck, i hope you get your money!

    Answer by babymaddy at 5:14 AM on May. 3, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.