preschool

My daughter is starting preschool this fall and a small family operated center. She will be attending 2 mornings a week for 2 hours and 15 minutes. The price per month is $124. Is that reasonble?

CSJMommy3

Asked by CSJMommy3 at 12:16 AM on May. 3, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• that sounds about right.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 12:18 AM on May. 3, 2009

• ours is around $5 per hour for part time private pre-k.... yours is over $13 per hour

to find out if that is reasonable for your area, you'll have to check with the other local programs and see what they charge.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 12:20 AM on May. 3, 2009

• Ours is 3 days, for 2 1/2 hours, $75 per month.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 1:10 AM on May. 3, 2009

• Thats about right. The pre-school up the street charges $300.00 a month for 3 days a week and its a hour and half long. If you think that is pricey call around. Or find a in-home daycare that does a pre-school program and see if they do hourly/part time care and see if you can drop your child off just for that time. I know I offer it. :)
    mom2boyjuly07

Answer by mom2boyjuly07 at 2:01 AM on May. 3, 2009

• It really depends on where you live. In my area (New England, north of Boston) that sounds pretty close. Prices vary all over even in the same city. Just do your homework (no pun intended!)
    tazzeetwins

Answer by tazzeetwins at 8:29 AM on May. 3, 2009

• it depends- around here in new jersey they have free preschool programs but i homeschool so it doesnt really matter to me- also u have to consider the services they provide to know if its worth it- do they feed the children lunch or do u have to provide it? is ur child potty trained or will they have to help with that? are they going to prep ur child for kindergarten or are they just "watching" the children? once u think of all of that u will know if its worth it or not- but i would say def browse around and see wut the "norm" in ur area is- good luck
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 9:48 AM on May. 3, 2009

• It depends on where you live. My 3 year old attends 2 days a week, 3 hours a day for $120 per month. That includes a snack and lunch, too.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 12:53 PM on May. 3, 2009

• it all depends on where you live. Here the prices are about 90-135 wk. for all day 6:30/7 AM - 5/6 PM in NY State I paid 175 a week for 4 days on a 1 yr. old.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 8:52 PM on May. 3, 2009

• My son is 4, goes 3 days a week goes 2 and a half hours per day and it costs us $120.00 a month at the Catholic school in our neighborhood.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:07 PM on May. 6, 2009