how much does baby formula cost for 1 month.?

catie.

Asked by catie. at 12:22 AM on May. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We bought Nestle Good Start. It ran us around $25.00 a can. My son is now two, so I don't remember if we used just one can a month or more.....
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 12:24 AM on May. 3, 2009

• My 3 1/2 month old is on Similac and its about 23 or 24 dollars (dependsing on when its on sale). She goes through about a container a week. So for a month its about 100 dollars.
    kgck_momma

Answer by kgck_momma at 12:30 AM on May. 3, 2009

• wow timeless you can get it at babies r us for $18 a can
    MILFInProgress

Answer by MILFInProgress at 12:45 AM on May. 3, 2009

• It all depends on the formula you are going to use. I use Similac Alimentum & my daughter is 5 months old and & her formula is about $30.00/ car @ 7 cans a month. It can be expensive but as they get older it wont be so bad, she's gone from 9 cans a month to 7 cans a month
    Diamondgurl08

Answer by Diamondgurl08 at 12:48 AM on May. 3, 2009

• they are pretty costly depending on the brand and where you buy it 10-30 dollars a can (if you want a good price go to walmart they also have cheaper diapers then babies R us as well as a good deal on wipies) I havent had mine yet but because of the price of formula I plan to breastfeed for sure
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 1:00 AM on May. 3, 2009

• We buy ours at Costco and it is equivalent to Enfamil Lipil and Similac Advance. They compare their formula (Kirkland brand) to Similac and Enfamil on the side of the can. They are almost identical. We get 2 25.7oz cans for 19.79, and so we spend about $60 a month. A LOT cheaper than you will spend on any other formula. Good Luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on May. 3, 2009

• i have twins and they go thru a can A DAY!
    haha and im pumping and giving them that too.
    Oh man 25.00 a can X 30.
    750.00
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 1:44 AM on May. 3, 2009

• I am on the WIC PROGRAM. So I got free stuff for my baby and me. With the checks they gave me it was about 9 cans a month for free and when I bought it at the store using the wic checks...it came out to be around $200 for all the cans at once. I was lucky I never had to buy any myself. lol. It's expensive for about $25 bucks a can. Wic pays for Similac.
    bisbeesmiley

Answer by bisbeesmiley at 1:57 AM on May. 3, 2009

• We use the Walgreen's version of Similac aAdvance, it's 14.00 for a large can, our 9 MO goes through about a little over a can a week, so it's 75 bucks a month.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 5:31 AM on May. 3, 2009

• i go through about 150 dollars a month
    sunshinehigh

Answer by sunshinehigh at 6:18 AM on May. 3, 2009