will the contractions just happen?

could i be feeling fine..and then in the middle of the night just have the real contractions? or do you have to go through some contractions the day before ?

mzmegank21

Asked by mzmegank21 at 12:31 AM on May. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• There is a slow build up. It's not like you see in the movies, where all of a sudden a woman doubles over. It will start like braxton hicks and build up slowly over time.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:32 AM on May. 3, 2009

• It might not be the day before---it might just be hours before. But you will have some kind of "warning". If at any time you are conserned, call your doctor!
    kgck_momma

Answer by kgck_momma at 12:37 AM on May. 3, 2009

• it swill happen over time...they will start far apart and become and bedcome more often until finally its the real deal
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on May. 3, 2009

• Well with my first, I woke up to my alarm, hit snooze a couple of times and had what i thought was an upset stomach. Within 15 min., the contractions started and I had her 5 1/2 hours later. With my second, I had a normal day and evening with no sign of labor and I was scheduled to be induced in two days(11 days past due). I went to bed and wham..a huge contraction. 6 1/2 hours later, my son was born. I'm pretty in tune with my body so I know I did not miss the build up..there just wasn't one for me! I can tell you though....there will be no doubt when it is the real deal. You will know. Good luck!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:54 AM on May. 3, 2009