How do you bathe a 19 month old when you don't have a tub?

We just bought a house and it doesn't have a tub... only a shower. I've got a method going, but I was wondering if anyone else is in the same situation. Maybe I'm doing it the hard way....

Asked by karma30 at 8:52 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• just try giving them a shower my daughter loved it at that age

Answer by kaylajean86 at 8:58 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• shower together! My kids love to and we have the tub option:o)

Answer by emturner at 9:08 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• my daughter loves the shower but right now she has a broken arm so we have to bathe her in the kitchen sink.

Answer by braydenhaven at 9:23 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I shower with my daughter... she has bath toys that she plays with while I wash my hair and then I wash her hair and she likes scrubbing her own body with those bath poufs. We've got it down to a routine now and so far, so good.

Answer by msp12r at 9:25 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• if they dont like the shower, buy the biggest plastic storage tub you can and put it in the shower....fill it with warm water and do it in there...its a little ghetto, but it worked for one of my friends when she was in that situation

Answer by LoriaAnn at 9:48 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I do shower with her sometimes, but I don't want her in there all the time. That's my alone time.
    I just sit her on the shower floor and use a cup to get her hair wet and rinse her hair and body, but the part I hate is when my hands get all wet then the water drips all the way down my arm to my armpit.
    I thought about the storage tub idea. I might go with that.
    Thanks for everyone's input.

Answer by karma30 at 9:56 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• you can buy a big basin and bath him in that! but i would just do showers, unless you have a big sink!

Answer by shetibo at 10:58 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• You can shower together, or you could bath him in the sink depending on the size of it. You could also buy even a large clear rubbermaid container and use that as a tub, they are almost the same shape.

Answer by libbykate at 12:45 AM on Jun. 21, 2008