Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where can you get a Yellow Support Tree Ribbon?

My Brother in Law will be deployed soon. We would like to have a yellow ribbon tied around our front tree, but we have no idea where to get one. Does anyone know?

Answer Question

Asked by MamaSunshyne at 12:36 AM on May. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

Level 7 (172 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • any store that sells ribbons.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on May. 3, 2009

  • you have to just buy a really wide roll of yellow ribbon and tie it to the tree yourself. you could probably go online and buy something specific to tie around the tree but it would cost way more, its just easier to go to an arts and crafts store, buy the ribbon than tie it in a pretty bow. and if the rest of your family lives near you, you can just pass the ribbon along if they want it as well, or keep it b/c deployments are long and the ribbon will be beaten up so you can just change it out. (i have been doing this for 3 years steady now have had a ribbon on my tree, between my hubby, my sister, my brother and my brother in law someones always deployed, trust me they fray quick!)

    Answer by vabchmommy at 12:43 AM on May. 3, 2009

  • hobby lobby just get yellow ribbon

    Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:23 AM on May. 3, 2009

  • Yep the cheapest way is to buy the ribbon yourself... and make a bow.

    Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 10:08 AM on May. 3, 2009

  • I could make you one, but it'll cost yah...$100 bucks! Kidding!

    If you can't/don't want to make one yourself, you can buy them at a florist or craft store from about $1 and up!

    Answer by LoriKeet at 11:41 AM on May. 3, 2009

  • The dollar store, Michaels, Hobby Lobby. Any sewing shop.

    Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:30 PM on May. 3, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.