Is it normal to have pain under my right breast at 36 weeks? It feels like a sharp pain and the pain of pushing on a bruise combined and it's making me light headed. It comes and goes and hurts worse everytime. Any ideas? Please Help ASAP!

NJMom0607

Asked by NJMom0607 at 12:37 AM on May. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• id talk to my doctor about it immediatly...my doctor told me to see him immdetialy if I had any pain on the right side
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 12:40 AM on May. 3, 2009

• are you sure it's not your babys legs pushing your rib? because my baby does that ALL the time and it does feel like a bruise..it does hurt. But i would call the doc just incase.
    mzmegank21

Answer by mzmegank21 at 12:44 AM on May. 3, 2009

• mzmegank21: I thought that to but she says its only on the right side and my baby does that to both sides
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 1:03 AM on May. 3, 2009

• I don't think it's something to worry about, that's what babies do and it gets worse towards the end. I felt like my ribs were bruised for the last month or so.
    ours

Answer by ours at 1:17 AM on May. 3, 2009

• My son would do that to my ribs. he wedged his foot in between to ribs for about a week and it bruised my ribs.
    Mrs_Quinealty

Answer by Mrs_Quinealty at 1:31 AM on May. 3, 2009

• I had that as well, my midwife said that there is a nerve that runs right under the breast that as the baby grows has pressure put on it. It goes away once the baby is born. But if you're really worried, call the doc.
    Babyness

Answer by Babyness at 12:55 PM on May. 3, 2009

• This could be a sign of Pre-Eclampsia, which is very serious. I would consult your dr immediately, or go t L&D to be sure. Pre-E typically presents itself in the last month of pregnancy!
    Good luck! and lets hope that is not the case! Do you notice retention of water? another sign.
    Hottiehp21

Answer by Hottiehp21 at 4:38 PM on May. 3, 2009