Anyone seen the movie Nights of Rodanthe?

This is a must see movie.... I cried like a little baby.. and it made me love the ones in my life that much more, cause you just never know when something might happen. It was based on the book by Nicholas Sparks.. the book is also awesome!

Mommy2seven

Asked by Mommy2seven at 12:46 AM on May. 3, 2009 in Entertainment

• i didn't think the movie was anywhere near as good as the book though. for the book i cried like a baby, and for the movie they just didn't convey the emotion the book did. (and i had forgotten the ending since it'd been so long since i read the book so it was still a shock to me) i cried a little but not like i did when i read the book...
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:50 AM on May. 3, 2009

• I didn't read the book but saw the movie. I balled too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on May. 3, 2009

• I thought the tears would never stop and I read the book so I kinda knew what was going to happen so I started way sooner.. and when his son was at her door .. omg.. I cried about as bad as she did in the movie lol
    Mommy2seven

Answer by Mommy2seven at 12:50 AM on May. 3, 2009

• I havent read the book yet. My bff did and she asked to borrow my movie midway through the book and said it wasnt anywhere near the same. I cant read the book now cause I just cant do that once I have seen the movie lol. But Im kinda disappointed that all of his movies and books kinda all have the same outcome when you think about it. I have 6 of his books and they all have the same storyline. I liked all of them and cried during them all and the same with his movies. For some reason I thought when watching this one it was going to be different lol but I loved it all the same.
    sailfishmommy

Answer by sailfishmommy at 1:02 AM on May. 3, 2009

• cried til my eyes were swollen
    CSRodriguez

Answer by CSRodriguez at 1:06 AM on May. 3, 2009

• I thought his movie NOTEBOOK had alot of emotion..i cried at the movie a little more than the book...was ready for the movie NIGHTS IN RODANTHE..never read the book tho..liked the movie but wasnt thrilled with it..but also lost a male companion close to me just weeks before watching it...if u want a great Richard Gere/Diane Lane movie..watch Unfaithful..Richard Gere is awesome in that
    boysblah3

Answer by boysblah3 at 10:38 AM on May. 3, 2009

• boysblah3..... omg I loved the movie Unfaithful.. they are really good together =)
    Mommy2seven

Answer by Mommy2seven at 1:10 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I was not happy with the movie. I read the book before seeing the movie and just thought the movie was sorely lacking the emotion and i think it was more the screenplay than the actors. Richard Gere and Diane Lane are amazing but they didn't have much to work with. The screen playwright destroyed the story.
    bella0522

Answer by bella0522 at 8:10 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I agree, I've seen better and my tears were shed because of the intensity of the book.. thinking about it now... but over all it was a great saturday night movie =)
    Mommy2seven

Answer by Mommy2seven at 11:32 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I thought it was a great movie but it was a disappointing ending. It made me so sad.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 12:32 AM on May. 4, 2009