My two year old has a red rash all over her back, tummy, underarms, behind her ears, and in her diaper area. There's no fever with this and she acts like she's fine. Should I be concerned and take her to the ER or wait to see what happens to this rash? I put Benadryl cream on it to see if it goes away. Also, she's had purplish spots where her pull up is, but I think it's just from the pull up. Could that be true? Need advice...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on May. 3, 2009 in Health

• Call the pediatrician. I'm sure he or she has an answering service that will page him or her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on May. 3, 2009

• take the baby to the emergency room.dont take any chances with your babues health.that sounds crazy 2 me..
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 1:05 AM on May. 3, 2009

• ya i would call her doc. it may be some kind of allergic reaction it may be a weird virus you just never know and since its everywhere that is what would concern me. the purple spots could be from the pull ups, does she normally wear pull ups or is that a new thing? it may be a reaction to them, when my dd started on pull ups i had to change brands b/c she got a diaper rash horribly with them
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:07 AM on May. 3, 2009

• could be a heat rash or an allergic reaction to something she ate. I would call your dr. They usually have someone on call.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 1:09 AM on May. 3, 2009

• Yeah, she's had pull ups for a while. She only wears them for nap times and bed times. This is the first time I've seen the purple color which is where the outer edges of the pull up meet the skin.
    ProudArmyWife86

Answer by ProudArmyWife86 at 1:09 AM on May. 3, 2009

• I don't think that's a reason to take her to the ER, for a rash. See if it goes away with Benadryl or gets better.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on May. 3, 2009

• How big are the purple spots and are they a hard or raised?
    Newbegginings04

Answer by Newbegginings04 at 1:22 AM on May. 3, 2009

• fifth's disease has a rash I know but I think that's usually with older kids. Roseola has a rash too, my son had no fever with that but I don't remember the extent of the rash.Maybe google that and strep, that can come with a rash too sometimes. Some times some of my kids have had strep and been active and running around. Not every illness is by the book. Hope baby's better!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on May. 3, 2009

• I don't think that a rash warrants a visit to the ER unless she has other concerning symptoms. Have her pedi look at it.

dreyamom

Answer by dreyamom at 1:24 AM on May. 3, 2009

• The purple spots just outline where the edge of her pull up is. The reason I'm thinking it's the pull up is because I didn't see them there this evening until I put her pull up back on for bedtime. But, I've never noticed them before. I don't want to go to the ER, because I just spoke with the pediatrician and she said it's packed with people concerned about the swine flu and I don't want to be in that environment. Is it bad to wait a day or so before seeing a doctor? Just to see if the rash goes away on its own with Benadryl?
    ProudArmyWife86

Answer by ProudArmyWife86 at 1:29 AM on May. 3, 2009