My two month old has been sleeping for the majority of the past two days.

He was wide awake all of Thursday and slept seven hours straight that night which has never happened. But ever since then he has been sleeping the majority of the time and just waking for feedings and baths. He'll be awake about three hours total a day. Should I be alarmed?

bluelady27

Asked by bluelady27 at 1:20 AM on May. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds like you are doing everything great! The breastfeeding and carrying him will help constantly stimulate him and also gives you a higher awareness of what is going on with your baby. I didnt want to really mention it but I always worry about sids and I think when the baby is stimulated every so often and frequently nursed it reduces this risk . Especially when the baby is next to your chest they breathe in sync to your breathing.
    Newbegginings04

Answer by Newbegginings04 at 1:45 AM on May. 3, 2009

• uhhhhhhhhhhh, it's called a growth spurt or he's teething c'mon grow some brains
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on May. 3, 2009

• First time mom here. Not like I have a textbook of how to understand infants implanted in my brain.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 1:29 AM on May. 3, 2009

• im sorry im not in a good mooD I just got laid off and im losing my house.but yeah hes most likley teething or having a growth spurt..if your really worried take him to the dr hun!good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on May. 3, 2009

• Well, maybe if you lose your internet you can save money up since you lost your job. Then maybe you won't take your frustrations on people who aren't ugly to you at all.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 1:36 AM on May. 3, 2009

• I am a mother of 3 and that would make me nervous too. does your baby eat mammas milk or formula? where is he sleeping ? How is his breathing and does he appear sick? Try picking him up every so often to stimulate him and put him in a sling if you have one. I would call the dr. if you are concerned. Trust your instincts.
    Newbegginings04

Answer by Newbegginings04 at 1:38 AM on May. 3, 2009

• He is strictly breast fed. At night he sleeps with me but in the day time he sleeps in a moses basket. His breathing is fine. Today we went to the mall and he was in my wrap the whole time and looked around a little and then fast asleep.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 1:40 AM on May. 3, 2009

• I was also thinking growth spurt. They say that sleep is as important as food for a growing baby. Good luck, I'm sure he's fine!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:40 AM on May. 3, 2009

• when my daughter was about 7 weeks she did the same thing. It last only a few days. All she wanted to do was eat and sleep. When she was awake she was a bottomless pit and then would sleep for hours on end. Its just a growth spurt like the others said.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 8:09 AM on May. 3, 2009