Autism and Vaccines...Connection?

DO you think vaccines cause Autism? Do you have or know a child with Autism and what was that childs experience with vaccines?

AmandaL21

Asked by AmandaL21 at 1:22 AM on May. 3, 2009 in Health

• no it's bull crap now go away
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on May. 3, 2009

• Scientists aren’t certain what causes autism, but it’s likely that both genetics and environment play a role. Researchers have identified a number of genes associated with the disorder. Studies of people with autism have found irregularities in several regions of the brain. Other studies suggest that people with autism have abnormal levels of serotonin or other neurotransmitters in the brain. These abnormalities suggest that autism could result from the disruption of normal brain development early in fetal development caused by defects in genes that control brain growth and that regulate how neurons communicate with each other. While these findings are intriguing, they are preliminary and require further study. The theory that parental practices are responsible for autism has now been disproved. In February 2009 a special federal court ruled that there was no proven link between certain early childhood vaccines
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 1:31 AM on May. 3, 2009

• and autism that developed in three children
    aubrees_mommie

• I do not believe there is a connection.
    Newbegginings04

Answer by Newbegginings04 at 2:12 AM on May. 3, 2009

• Nope, I don't
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 2:25 AM on May. 3, 2009

• I dont know how i feel...have you ever read Jenny Macarthy's books? She is hell bent on that is what caused it in her son. I did ask my dr about it, and they said that they have done studies in Britain. They pulled kids in the age range of the vac and they said out of 100 kids I think it was like 8 kids were autistic after the shots. So i am not sure. He told me if i want to hold off on the vac until she is just out of the age range i can, but i havent decided yet. I would rather my child become autistic then catch M,M,or R and die! Not that i would want her to have either of them, but i would much rather take care of her for the rest of her life then live a day without her in it!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 5:06 AM on May. 3, 2009

• Do you know what the doctor told my sister about her son when she had him tested for allergies? The Dr. was surprised that my nephew wasn't autistic because he was allergic to gluten and dairy. Having allergies to gluten and dairy are commonly found in autistic children.

dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 5:32 AM on May. 3, 2009

• I personally have 3 children on my DH's side with autism. One beleives it was caused by the vaccines the other 2 don't. For me that and my son's severe almost deadly reaction to his DTaP is what made me start researching, but after doing the research it's not the autsim that scares me anymore but all the other possible things they could be casuing and that they really don't work all that well and most of the diseases are highly treatable if taken care of correctly. I found this journal post very helpful with my research.

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1444732/To_Vaccinate_or_Not_to_Vaccinate
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on May. 3, 2009

• I do NOT believe there is a connection between vaccines and autism. Now, just stop bringing it up and CM would be a more peaceful place.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:23 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I dont care if people cant handle controversial topics...get over it! I ask bc I have a son and I am spacing out his vaccinations and I want to speak with people that know or have Autistic children...not people that have no credibility on the topic.
    AmandaL21

Answer by AmandaL21 at 3:43 PM on May. 3, 2009