WHAT IS SOME GOOD POTTY TRAINING ADVICE

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on May. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well my daughter now 3 just actually started using the potty by herself recentley.
    try putting your little one on the toliet every 30 mins and when they do go reward them with something!or u can also buy them a dvd like elmos potty time.that really hellped with mind!good luck
    jenniek510

Answer by jenniek510 at 2:44 AM on May. 3, 2009

• Well my DD will be 1 on Tuesday and I started putting her on the potty last week. I dont push it but i will put her on it. She is fasinated with the potty so i thought why not?! and she has gone 6 times since Thurday!!!! Now she isnt telling me but when i change her i put her on and first thing and last thing in a day i put her on. When she goes i make a really big deal about it! I bought her this princess thrown chair that plays tunes when she goes! And when she hears the tunes go off she starts clapping and smiling! So i dont know much! But i would say dont push it and try it early! I babysit a little girl who has been training since Oct and she will not go for me! It furstrates me so bad, and i think she knows it so it makes her rebel even more! so i try to not show it, but its hard!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 4:45 AM on May. 3, 2009

• well...you cant expect them to let you know when that got to go when they still have a diaper on...you have to let them use big kids under pants....i watch my nephew every day and he is 3....i have realized that he wont let you know unless he has big kids undies or nothing at all on....of cores they might let you know a little late and not make it to the potty....but the mess can always be cleaned...dont get frustrated when they dont make it....just clean it up....but another way is to keep the potty chair in the living room or where they are though out the day...then it'll be quicker for them to make it to the potty!!!
    countrymama33

Answer by countrymama33 at 12:27 PM on May. 3, 2009