what are good toy train tracks for my 13 month old????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on May. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Thomas the train, they are made of wood and will last forever.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:55 AM on May. 3, 2009

• My daughter loves her Geotrax. It is by fisher price. There are lots of options and trains to choose from.
    fireball1978

Answer by fireball1978 at 2:07 AM on May. 3, 2009

• We had Geotrax and lots of Thomas the Train. Let me give you some advice for a child this age whatever you buy make sure you find a way to mount it to the table. They're going to end up pulling it apart every ten seconds, smacking everything including themselves with them, its going to get to be a big issue trust me~ mount it down.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on May. 3, 2009

• My son started with the Take ALong Thomas the Train for his 1 year birthday and loved it. We then got him some geotrax 6 months later and he loved them and then we got the regular Thomas the Train plastic track and my mother has the wood at her house. They are all great and it really depends on what you are looking for. If it is something you want them to be able to take apart and put together themselves (my son comes up with some crazy track desgins) the Thomas Take ALong are great. If you are looking for versatility and possibley mounting them permanantly to a table then the wood are great. The Geotrax have so many other things then trains that you can put on them too.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:10 AM on May. 3, 2009

• We got the wooden Imaginarium train table for DS for Christmas last year. It was cheaper than the Thomas sets, but is compatible with the Thomas trains! It's a great quality and a lot of fun to play with (plus the table has drawers in it...a definite plus!)

I have friends who have tried gluing the tracks down, but with little success - at Toys R Us they have theirs nailed down. We chose not to mount ours because that way DS can rearrange them when he's older. He can now (at 2) make most minor repairs, but I rebuild it about 2-3 times a week after he gets in a mood and throws everything off the table. By now, I have the layout pretty much memorized :)
    PrincessZ20

Answer by PrincessZ20 at 9:46 AM on May. 3, 2009

• Brio makes a nice wooden set that can easily grow with him. They have so many options for adding on. They even have electic engines!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:21 AM on May. 3, 2009