Do you allow your toddler to wear a 2 piece????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on May. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• as in swimwear? depends on what cut/style. there are some that are way too 'grown up' looking, that i would never let my daughter wear, but others are very demure. my daughter right now has a 'tankini' set, which is a two piece, but the top is like a shirt, and them it also has a matching skirt. its adorable!
    katiemum

Answer by katiemum at 1:43 AM on May. 3, 2009

• My daughter is only 10 months, but she will not be wearing a bikini for QUITE SOME TIME. Two pieces are meant to be sexy and there is nothing sexy about a child. Maybe once she's in high school . . . if her father can stomach it . . doubt it. I won't want her to be "uncool" though if everyone else is wearing them . . so I can say . . not until she's like at least 14.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:47 AM on May. 3, 2009

• I wont let my little girl wear one. I think they are for teenagers. There are so many freaks out there that even if *I* think its just cute...im sure some creep would find it sexy,

Besides, she only little once, Ya know? Whats the hurry in growing up? My daughter has a cute pink sponge Bob one. It looks adorable.

I dont knock anyone who lets their little girls wear bikinis...I just am uncomfortable with it.

ForestGrove_Mom

Answer by ForestGrove_Mom at 2:06 AM on May. 3, 2009

• if you think of a bathing suit on a child at ALL being sexy. you have issues in your head.

only a perver thinks like that!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:21 AM on May. 3, 2009

• No
    MRSnMOTHER

Answer by MRSnMOTHER at 2:25 AM on May. 3, 2009

• I had two suits bought for my daughter by family. One is really cute little one piece with a skirt. The other is a little two piece, but it is a tank top and bottoms with a skirt. Both are adorable on her I think. I wouldn't do a bare belly two piece, but I think that this one is fine.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 3:41 AM on May. 3, 2009

• LOL Of course I let her wear bikinis!! That is all she has ever worn! I would much rather see a baby/toddler/preschooler wear one than a teenager! What's the differeance? If a boy can wear shorts and no t-shirt, but a girl can't?? neither one of them has anything to "show off" anyways.
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 4:08 AM on May. 3, 2009

• Mine is mostly sun burn issues to be honest. The tummy skin is very sensitive, especially when you never expose it to sun. A lot harder to keep from burning as opposed to the arms or legs, which will be more used to sun exposure from her regular summer clothing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:14 AM on May. 3, 2009

• My girls are older now but they have always worn two-piece bathing suits.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 6:30 AM on May. 3, 2009

• Im the exact opposite. I think 2 pieces on toddlers like tankinis are cute, but once they get to be teengers, they need to be as modest or MORE. Just wait til you have a teen and then see if youre willing to let her run around the pool or beach with her big boobs and butt hanging out. My 14 yr old is not only STACKED in the chest but shes got the flattest stomach and the roundest butt. It scares the crap out of me that shes built so well. I don't want boys looking at her...LOL I think moderation should be used in all situations. NO extremes.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:01 AM on May. 3, 2009