I'm pregnant right now an I'm only 16 an I'm married. But what is it like to be a new mom of a new born?

Soon-2-Be-Mom

Asked by Soon-2-Be-Mom at 1:54 AM on May. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Honest? It's WORK. Definition of newborn: eating pooping crying machine whose sole purpose is to drive parents mad.

Notice there's nothing about sleeping, laughing or cooing in there...it doesn't happen. **grin**

It's putting yourself below the needs of this small being who is completely dependent upon you. It's not sleeping, sometimes not eating because you don't have a free hand, not hanging out with your friends the way you used to. It's a complete change in your life.

It's not for the weak, or for anyone who values sleep!

Fun? In spurts, yeah. But especially in the first weeks, it is NOT fun.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:59 AM on May. 3, 2009

• Being a new mommy is scary, overwhelming, amazing and emotional! I was a wreck! My emotions were all outta wack. I would hardly let anyone hold my son AND I became a homebody.

My advice, don't be too proud to ask for help and ask ALOT of questions. I had my pediatrician on speed dial lol

Surround yourself with positive, mature people. Try to stick around other mommys too.

Good luck hun!
    ForestGrove_Mom

Answer by ForestGrove_Mom at 2:00 AM on May. 3, 2009

• its tough, some babies are tougher than others. there will be good days and bad days but its all so worth it :]
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:00 AM on May. 3, 2009

• Definition of newborn: eating pooping crying machine whose sole purpose is to drive parents mad.

sooo true hehe
    Anonymous

• exactly what the 1st answer said..but since im now on my 3rd newborn and already used to sleep depervation, it's great having a new born around! it's very easy this time around but im a pro at it i guess..i def went nuts when i was a newbie first time mom..its well worth it though.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:17 AM on May. 3, 2009

• wow, i dont agree with any of these posts lol. no offense to them. but i dont think a babys sole purpose is to drive parents mad.
    honestly, its been very easy so far. yeah baby cries, poops, stays up sometimes when you are tired.... but if you stay calm and just have fun with it and play with the baby and occupy the baby and stay positive and calm. its quite easy.

im a first time mom and i havent broken down yet in tears lol. maybe im just lucky or someting im not sure, but i think its easy. and a LOT of fun and an amazing experience. i love being a mother.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:49 AM on May. 3, 2009

• of a newborn?? awesome!! gets harder as they getolder, with the tantrums and the attitudes, and the stubborness, and everything else!!! but its so rewarding!! enjoy every minute of it! cuz it goes by so fast!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 4:24 AM on May. 3, 2009

• Some days are better than others. its a pleasure but it does get a little bit harder as they get older. at first youll get used to one routine and next thing u know ull be having to get used to another routine but do cherish it and take a lot of pictures and make sure ur baby wears every outfit.!
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 4:39 AM on May. 3, 2009

• It depends on your baby. If your baby cries alot then you might want to invest in a whole lot of tissues for yourself cause you'll cry. But if you get lucky and have a baby that is calm then you'll think it not so bad. But it something that no matter how good the baby, you'll always be tired and sometimes feel like you can't do it. But just know that there are tons of other mom's out there thinking the same thing. Never second guess yourself. You know what is right for your baby. But that baby will make all the pain and tears worth it. Cause when they look at you and smile. You'll never be the same. Good luck.
    Princess02266

Answer by Princess02266 at 5:58 AM on May. 3, 2009

• I'm a upcoming new mommy too. I'm only nineteen, so i'm only a few years off of you. I'm so terrified of what is going to happen when my little girl comes. guess what, the more i worry about it the more stressed i get and everything seems to go wrong. so honestly the only thing you can do is take it one day at a time. if you need help that is what your partner is there for. you two need to help each other and realize what each other needs and the emotions their going through. and not just your partner is there, i'm pretty sure you family and friends are there for you too. If you feel to overwhelmed you can always ask them to help you. Take a few hours away to yourself when you feel overwhelmed and everything is out of control. I'm pretty sure you parents or someone you really trust would love to spend time with you sweet cuddly baby. :) just keep telling yourself everything will be fine and it will, its called self talk lol
    mandy815

Answer by mandy815 at 6:12 AM on May. 3, 2009