is it possible to get positive on opk one to two days before period is due?

I am pretty sure i ovulated on the 20 or 21st of april. I have taken preg test and its neg and one if my friends has the same cycle as me and she finally got her bfp today. I took a opk yesterday and it showed a pos again how come that is? Someone said it was because i was preg...... because the opk will show up pos if you are preg but i thought if it showed up pos on opk it should show up on htp if i was preg. I was suppose to start either today or tomorrow. any ideas? I"m a little heartbroken because we bd everyother day while i was ovulating so i was hoping this was my month

pandora09

Asked by pandora09 at 2:11 AM on May. 3, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• yes they can. those kits detect a rise in hormones. the same hormones that are present during pregnancy. Try using an early response test. It's okay if it does not happen this month, don't get discouraged if you are not. HUGS

MRSnMOTHER

Answer by MRSnMOTHER at 3:08 AM on May. 3, 2009