Does this make me a bad person?

I get food stamps and medicaid. Mine and DH's medicaid is to pay our medicare premiums. My daughters is full blown medicaid. I am not currently working because I have to have my second surgery in 5 weeks on the 19th. As soon as I heal I will be getting a job. Does this make me a bad person, because I receive PA?

BIMOM21

Asked by BIMOM21 at 2:18 AM on May. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Oh you're awful! Of course, it doesn't! We all pay taxes to contribute to these funds at some point in our lives. Why is it bad to use our share when we need it? You are not a bad person at all. I hope your surgery goes well and you get back on your feet soon! Best Wishes.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:21 AM on May. 3, 2009

• I think if you are on food stamps and medicaid then you shouldn't be TTC b/c you can't support yourself or your family right now. I don't think it makes you a bad person.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:20 AM on May. 3, 2009

• nope
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 2:21 AM on May. 3, 2009

• Popcorn anyone? I forgot the soda pop so I'll share my popcorn for a soda.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:23 AM on May. 3, 2009

• I can support myself, just not at the moment. I have paid taxes in my past and plan on paying taxes in my future. My medicare is from disability. Medicaid pays my premium right now cause I am not working. As soon as I am healed, and get a job, we wont need PA anymore cause I will be able to pay my 96 dollar a month premium.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 2:25 AM on May. 3, 2009

• BIM you can only earn around $800 a month working if on disability correct? Does you DH not work or is he not able to work also?
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:27 AM on May. 3, 2009

• You don't have to explain to us. Just make sure you do whatever it takes to make sure that your child/ren are taken care of . . . that's what's important . . oh and you give yourself time to heal after surgery!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:27 AM on May. 3, 2009

• I worked for years and paid taxes as a single with no dependants person. When I got pregnant I used medi-cal and got off of it as soon as I had my son and then I told ex-hubby we had to start paying for Doctors appts. I don't believe in abusing it. I used it for pre-natal care and to give birth and that was that.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:27 AM on May. 3, 2009

• Getting help to provide food and medical help to your family and yourself doesnt make you a bad person at all .
    Newbegginings04

Answer by Newbegginings04 at 2:28 AM on May. 3, 2009

• Bimom why don't you get your husband and your girlfriend to go to work and then you can all pay for your own healthcare!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:29 AM on May. 3, 2009