Ok I have a question.How safe is it :If you go into labor at 35 weeks?

I am 35 weeks and have been contracting also ALOT of back pain.I went to the Dr and when he checked me.He asked me if I have been spotting or bleeding ?Im like No why?Ok what was he fishing for? I asked him what he meant.And he stated nothing.How soon can you lose your mucas plug?
Thanks sooo much,Im soo nervous.

chelsey09

Asked by chelsey09 at 3:38 AM on May. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• BH and back pain are normal late in pregnancy. I don't think you're in labor. He was just asking you general questions.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:41 AM on May. 3, 2009

• pains are normal in late pregnancy i had contractions and back pains for 2 1/2 months also you can lose your plug and then it end up remaking itself.
    i was even dialated to a 1 and 70% effaced for 2 months and i still was induced .
    35 weeks not to good baby is not ready
    your baby would end up in the NICU til your babies lungs matured and he/she could breathe on their own .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:20 AM on May. 3, 2009

• oh and i agree i thinkit was just general questions my dr started asking that stuff at about 7 months
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:21 AM on May. 3, 2009

• and if you went into labor now, your baby will probably end up in NICU for a little while but maybe not. my cousin's wife had her baby at 35 weeks and the baby was already 6 pounds 6 ounces and was perfectly fine to go home in 48 hours. so you just never know really. I was born at 34 weeks and was in NICU for 16 days. Was 4 lbs & 9 oz, dropped to 3 lbs & 8 oz and in 1980 they waited until I was 5 pounds to leave the hospital - took 16 days...but, I believe being premature made my immune system weak growing up, got sick very easily...always in & out of doctors. once you hit 36 weeks though, your doctor will not try to stop your labor...because you're baby is considered full-term by then. if you don't want your baby just yet....RELAX, take a warm bath, take deep breaths, lay down with your feet elevated and DRINK LOTS OF WATER! It may or may not help...all depends when your body and baby are ready. Good Luck!
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 10:09 AM on May. 3, 2009

• at 37 weeks, the baby is considered full-term and you could deliver safely anytime...2 weeks earlier than that shouldnt hurt him/her that much, but they will definitely not release you to go home the next day, and they will keep him in NICU. i think it really depends on the baby...my aunt was born at 35 1/2 weeks, was 5 pounds, and they let her and my gramma go home 4 days later. not sure if she was even in NICU. good luck
    shelbysunflower

Answer by shelbysunflower at 10:58 AM on May. 3, 2009

• My dd was born at 35 1/2 weeks. I was induced because of pre-eclampsia. She was in the NICU for a few hours then went home with me a few days later. She was 6lbs 2oz. They say having pre-eclampsia or even just pregnacy induced hypertension can help mature a baby's lungs. With ds I had preterm labor and was 1cm and 40% effaced at 28 weeks. I was on bedrest but still ended up being induced at 37 weeks (pre-eclampsia again). I agree that the Dr. was just asking some general questions. Back pain is very common because your posture has changed. If your concerned or have any questions you should ask your Dr.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 12:12 PM on May. 3, 2009

• 35 weeks does dont give any definate answers. Mainly because your EDD can be up to two weeks off. Some 35 weekers, spend a day or hours in NICU. Where others could spend weeks. My friends spent two weeks, needed assistance with a low flow cannula. Sometimes Cpap. It really depends on your babies development and what their needs are. 35 weeks, is typically not "unsafe", but your baby will most likely need some assistance at birth. My son was a 25 weeker, if him and his 455 gram birth weight can survive.. surely a 35 weeker will be fine. The only issues with 35 weekers, is if there are birth defects. But a healthy baby born early, can be assisted and go home quickly.
    Hottiehp21

Answer by Hottiehp21 at 4:42 PM on May. 3, 2009