If you accidently walked away with something totalling $4 at a yard sale would you...

go back and pay for it the next day? i think i am going to. i feel bad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 AM on May. 3, 2009 in Shopping

• At a yard sale yes bc those people probably need the money :)
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 6:38 PM on May. 3, 2009

• just go back & pay... you don't want $4 to make you feel bad for days...

unless you are too busy to remember to go back
    or forget what you did
    savingjmom

Answer by savingjmom at 5:08 AM on May. 3, 2009

• How do you accidently walk away with something at a yard sale? You don't have a cart or anything, you'd have to carry it and put it in your car. Doesn't make much sense to me. I'd go back and pay for it, but that's just me.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 5:18 AM on May. 3, 2009

• Yep.....its not yours until you pay. The homeowner likely won't care,but will be surprised that there really are honest people in this world. The amt does matter. If it was 50 cents, I would do it.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:07 AM on May. 3, 2009

• I would have to go back and pay for it. I can not in good conscience take something that does not belong to me. I have many times gone back to a checkout at a store because they forgot to charge me for something (and they are always very appreciative!). If I go to yard sales, I can't even bargain because I feel like I'm cheating someone out of their money lol! Sometimes it sucks but I prefer not to have the guilt of taking something that's not mine.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:35 PM on May. 3, 2009