Has anyone taken that sleep med that they are advertising?

I think it is called Ambien, the one that lets you fall asleep fast and a second part that helps you fall asleep? As you can tell I cant sleep! LOL its 4am here and i have been awake for hours. I have taken a perscirption sleeping aid before but i dont remember the name but i know its not that. But i can be falling asleep on the couch and go to bed and lay awake for hours trying to fall asleep! and yesterday i couldnt keep my eyes open in the car but had a busy night, went to bed at 12am and only slept til 2! and now i am wide awake. Do you have this problem and what do you do about it? Have you taken this med and does it work?

babymaddy

Asked by babymaddy at 4:39 AM on May. 3, 2009 in Health

• Yes, I have taken it. Ambien works great, but for some people it can cause amnesia after it kicks in, so you have to make sure you have go straight to bed. Once my husband didn't realize I had taken it, and we had sex but I didn't remember it the next morning. Supposedly it was pretty good sex, too, lol. Also, you have to take it on an empty stomach, or it won't work at all.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 5:06 AM on May. 3, 2009

• It also gives me the mad munchies. Last night while on here, I ate two ice cream cones and then two english muffins with butter. I guess that's better than cooking something on that stuff or getting in my car and driving. But still..I would not eat all of that in one day!! So yeah, you should go to bed right after you take it or it will make you loony loony loony. If I take it and have sex, I am totally not with it. My mind is in ambien land. Which I swear was how my oldest daughter was conceived.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 7:59 AM on May. 3, 2009

• yes, I am an ambien taker as well. Been on it for about 4 yrs. If you take the white 10 mgs, then you take it and immediately lay down. The emptier your stomach, the faster it works. You do not need to up doing stuff because you will say and do stupid things and wont remember it. Yes ive had sex and not remembered it either, but my dh does....LOL. If you take the blue 12.5 mgs, then you don't get the same initial jump of meds, but you fall asleep a bit more gradually. Its supposed to help you stay asleep longer, but it doesnt do that for me. WIth both types of meds, I sleep until about 2:30 and then I am awake. Sometimes I can go on back to sleep by myself, but if somethings bothering me like right now we are having issues with my dd's ball coach, my husbands grandmother is dying and we are building a house...I can't go back to sleep. I take a muscle relaxer to help. I ve been taking it so long, so if you have q's..pm me.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:02 AM on May. 3, 2009

• ha ha....LOL...yes, it does make you hungry. As soon as it kicks in, I fight the urge to keep from getting up and cooking myself a meal. One night, I made breakfast burritos...WTH? at 9 pm at night? So weird. I also do not get into sex while taking it. I cannot orgasm because Im just too sleepy....LOL
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:04 AM on May. 3, 2009