Why does people that recieve gov't assistance think they are paying for it?

If you recieve gov't assistance then you are not paying in taxes, that is simple. If you were actually paying taxes you would not get a refund for what you paid, and normally people get EIC if they are getting gov't assistance. So, lets make this clear, you are not paying for anything.This is not rocket science.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:17 AM on May. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i had medical asst when i was pregnant and was working still and had taxes taken out ....

then i got off asst when i had my baby... bc i didnt need it anymore...

MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 6:18 AM on May. 3, 2009

• Mom as you stated you used it a a temp program.That is what it is designed to do, not to replace taking care of yourself. My point was in all honesty unless you recieve no tax return you are not paying for the programs.
    Again, I am not trying to say anything bad about you having medical when you was pregnant
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:23 AM on May. 3, 2009

• I have no clue.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:52 AM on May. 3, 2009

• lmao
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:16 AM on May. 3, 2009

• What is the purpose of this question?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:19 AM on May. 3, 2009

• I get WIC and you are right..We are not paying taxes because my husband is in Iraq and has not paid a dime to the federal government in 7 months. Thank you, anon, for supporting my kids' out of control milk and egg habit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:50 AM on May. 3, 2009

• umm FYI
    i used to have foodstamps and WIC and i worked my butt off but with no father there i couldnt work extra so i needed help for a little while .. so YES i did pay taxes
    get over it and hop on down from your high horse
    people who are on assistance are not always unemployed ALOT of them work hard and just need a little help !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:21 AM on May. 3, 2009

• actually i have to agree with the anon
    i was in high school when i had my son , i worked hard waitressing and still was in school and was paying for daycare and taking care of my son on my own . i had WIC to help with formula because i could not breast feed him , my body didnt keep up with him
    so i worked and payed taxes( i was 18 a month after having him and on my own )
    so if tax payers money pays for WIC then yes, i even was helping pay for it . i dont understand why people think that because you are on WIC or something that you dont work . that is just not true at all .i now alot of people that work and get help . dont talk crap unless you have been there .
    oh and it should not be "why does people that..." it should be " why do people that"
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:30 AM on May. 3, 2009

• ....let's make THIS clear: You CAN get EIC and NOT be on any assistance at all. EIC is EARNED income credit. You have to EARN money to get it. PA or SS benefits are not considered earned income.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 8:34 AM on May. 3, 2009

• People work, then lose their jobs. They file for assistance. They have paid money into the system in the past. Their money has helped to fund the program.

Yes it is meant to be temporary, and to help people get back on their feet. Maybe a lot of people don't use it that way, but who are you to judge and decide who is and who isn't? Look at that first poster. She used the system exactly as it was intended to be used.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on May. 3, 2009