When your due date is changed

When your due is changed to an earlier date do they then count the weeks of pregnancy starting from conception instead of from a woman's last menstrual period?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:56 AM on May. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• usually if it was changed then it is changed because of an early ultra sound meaning the measured the babies growth so ya it is not the same date as your last period
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:08 AM on May. 3, 2009

• The count in pregnancy to age the pregnancy is always the same count. Two weeks before assumed conception cause male doctors think we don't know when we've conceived exactly. That's why if we deliver two weeks early or several days to about a week past our due dates we're still pretty much on time. u/s measure physical parts of the baby to generalize the size of babies. A bigger growing baby's u/s can give an earlier due date because right then baby's in a growth spurt. My first child was 18 days past my due date and I ended up getting a bad infection being so past due. blood tests can help determine more exact conception dates.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:29 AM on May. 3, 2009

• i had my due date changed two times...it was at july 10, then july 5, now its july 1. this was all before my first ultrasound. she kept changing it because feeling on the inside, i felt a lot smaller than I actually was. she said my due date would be jul 1, waited 2 weeks for the ultrasound, then they confirmed it then.
    shelbysunflower

Answer by shelbysunflower at 10:50 AM on May. 3, 2009

• Yeah my water broke and I was told that I was only 27 weeks and then when I went to the hospital they said I was 34 because of the ultrasound!!!
    ladybug.ky88

Answer by ladybug.ky88 at 2:18 PM on May. 3, 2009