question for hairstylist

I have really short deep burgundy hair (alyssa milano short) and wanted to add blonde highlights, would this be a wise decision? what color could it turn? And should just the top be highlighted? I cant afford to go to a salon so what would be the best way to highlight it?

suhweet1

Asked by suhweet1 at 8:18 AM on May. 3, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• i'm not a stylist but i have dyed my hair alot. they have hilight kits at walmart that work really well, but i'd leave the color on there for about 20-30 minutes then check it, it should turn blonde
    good luck
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:10 AM on May. 3, 2009

• I have dark auburn hair also but mine is long.
    I wouldn't try to get blonde, I would go more of a light or med or natual auburn or a light-med brown with red tones.
    But be careful what you buy, if you do it on ur own, make sure you get a temporary or semi temp but steer clear of the pementant stuff until you knlow what it's goingnto look like.
    I didnthat once when when I was 25, I bought a bottle of black dye on New Years eve just because I was in the store I saw it, had always wanted to do it, and I had the cash.
    New Years always makes me want to do something a out of the ordinary.
    I liked it and everybody I knew liked it but it did affect my job which at the time was door to door direct sales and the customers I was demonthstraing for used to comment on it.
    Its been four yrs, I've had it double processed once and there still some black in there
    franki79

Answer by franki79 at 1:37 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I am in cosmo school. If there are any schools in your area go to one of those they do it for cheap and we know what were doing lol. But if not then go to sallys and get some prism lights with 30 vol. developer and that should work!!
    ladybug.ky88

Answer by ladybug.ky88 at 2:16 PM on May. 3, 2009