Alcoholic drinks at a baby shower?

Is this as incredibly tacky and rude as it seemed to me? I was the only other pregnant lady but the woman having the baby didn't seem to think it was that off... What do you think? Is this appropriate?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:32 AM on May. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i would say no because if the pregnant girl can't drink why should everyone else be ablle to lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:36 AM on May. 3, 2009

• i dont see anyting wrong with it. if people can not or dont want an alcohol drink then they dont have to have one. i had alcohol at my baby showers to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on May. 3, 2009

• Oh, I don't agree w/ it! I went to a shower once where they had alcohol, and it got very ugly. 2 girls got so f'g hammered they started acting like immature idiots, (one was in her 40's, one was in her 30's) Anyway, long story short, a fight started, hair was pulled, and one got hit in the face. I don't think alcohol should be there. Not only because of this incident, but its a baby shower, not a bachelor party. jmo.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 8:38 AM on May. 3, 2009

• I had alcohol at mine! Just because I couldn't drink doesn't mean that my friends can't. Personally I think that alcohol is for gatherings and parties. I went to a shower that DIDN'T serve any and I was annoyed. I don't care if it's not open bar, can't I order a drink from a waitress?

I think it's perfectly fine AND makes for a better party.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:40 AM on May. 3, 2009

• Tiffany, that is a horrible scene that you described! Those women should be ashamed of themselves! That being said, alcohol can be served at a ladies party like a shower. It is up to the guests to continue to behave like ladies, and up to the host to take care of anyone who does not. In that situation it would have been the hosts job to secure a ride home for the rambunctious ladies before it got so out of hand.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:44 AM on May. 3, 2009

• i wouldnt mind- ive been to a few showers where there were drinks and if i was having a shower for this pregnancy i would have drinks for my guests too- it wouldnt bother me that i couldnt drink- but i still would want my friends and family to have a good time
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 9:04 AM on May. 3, 2009

• It wouldn't bother me as far as people getting drunk- that wouldn't have occurred to me, but it would bother me because of the nature of the party,- a baby shower. It just doesn't seem that "baby" and "alcohol" should be associated, but this is just my opinion and everyone else is entitled to theirs.

Answer by Bmat at 9:10 AM on May. 3, 2009

• Personally I don't think it's okay and I think I would be upset if people were drinking at my baby shower. However, I think maybe it should be up to the mother-to-be. After all, the shower is for her, so she should be comfortable there.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 9:16 AM on May. 3, 2009

• Her baby shower, not yours. Just because you're pregnant, too doesn't mean she needs to cater to what you want at her shower. If she didn't feel it was rude, then it wasn't rude. Tacky? I can agree with that, but not rude.
    Mangy_Momma

Answer by Mangy_Momma at 9:20 AM on May. 3, 2009

• I think it's up to the mom-to-be...some have incredible beer envy, so it's not fair to them! Others don't mind, in which case, it's not a big deal to serve a few drinks. It's not the appropriate venue to get hammered, but what's wrong with enjoying a glass of wine or some punch or something?
    PrincessZ20

Answer by PrincessZ20 at 9:29 AM on May. 3, 2009