OK GIRLS = I have a very , what I think is a very interesting question......

Here I go: I will do this ANON because it would kill me if her mom was on here or something and she knew I was talking about her daughter.
My son goes to school with a Girl that looks,acts and dresses like a BOY. You would be so shocked to find out that this was actually a Girl. This is not a Tom boy thing either. I think it is one of those cases where the gender is in the wrong body. I think its so interesting. Does anyone know any kids with this same issue? By the way - she is in her tweens - if that helps.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on May. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I had a friend with a sister like that. She turned out to be a lesbian...which surprised none of us. Even her parents expected it.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 9:18 AM on May. 3, 2009

• i went to school with a girl like that but she didn't turn out gay, she's married to a dude
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on May. 3, 2009

• I had surgery years ago after taking care of myself and my kids through sicknesses and every day things. It was just so nurturing for me to be so cared for by another woman, my pains aches tended to. I remember thinking so this is why lesbians are so comfortable and happy. There was a girl in my own hs too who was like that. I remember her name. I don't remember any one teasing her. I've actually found gays to be more caring than homosexuals.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on May. 3, 2009

• How can gays be more caring than homosexuals? They're the same thing. And I don't think that's where the person who asked the question was going, she just wanted to know if anyone knew a child like the one she is describing, and the first person to answer said she knew a girl like that and she turned out to be a lesbian.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on May. 3, 2009

• I wouldn't care at all. Big deal.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 9:37 AM on May. 3, 2009

• My friend has two girls.... The Mom says her doc told her just to ignore it and that she will grow out of it.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 10:09 AM on May. 3, 2009

• "How can gays be more caring than homosexuals?"

I read that too, and I thought surely it was a typo. I've made the same kinda of oops-typo before. Surly she meant to type "heterosexual"

Your getting all uppity over nothing. I guess that is why you respond Anon as well so other trolls like you can't rip YOU apart if you make a typo.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 10:14 AM on May. 3, 2009

• My kids have a girl like that in their school..and she dresses like a guy out of an abercrombie ad..and she is the sister of my daughters best friend...she is a very pretty girl..but def acts like a guy..she is in junior high...but she is pretty either way...some of my friends are gay/lesbian and kids have so much pressure and know so much more in these days than when i was in high school though i think my generation started it...
    boysblah3

Answer by boysblah3 at 10:18 AM on May. 3, 2009

• Is it a financial thing? Like are they maybe strapped for money and they get hand me down clothing that happens to come from a boy? Because I know we were somewhat poor for part of my childhood and I had to wear hand me downs and some were boy clothes. Luckily I had sisters too so I did get some girl clothes but I did wear boy clothes. If not, I knew a girl like that. She was actually a friend of mine and to this day we are still friends. She grew out of it when we hit high school. She never got "girlie girl" but started to dress a little more feminine and let her hair grow a little longer. Now she is happily married to a man with a handsome little boy who is 4.
    mere417

Answer by mere417 at 10:39 AM on May. 3, 2009

• My friend did that.She was just more comfy in guy clothes.She was more sporty than girly,but she's married now and everything,but I guess it could be a lesbian thing,or transgendered,but more than likely she's just happier in guy's clothes.The stuff out now is more over the top girly.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 3:02 PM on May. 3, 2009