Diaper help

My son has the problem with peeing up his diaper, also im not sure if he pees more then most babys but he is leaking though at night? any brand work for you guys?

JackieB33

Asked by JackieB33 at 9:18 AM on May. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try luvs i used that for my son
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:19 AM on May. 3, 2009

• Wal-mart should have overnight diapers. They absorb more than the regular ones, but depending on how much your child wet you'll still have to get up and change one or two during the night. My kid had the same problem until I took away his cup about an hour before bed time.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 9:21 AM on May. 3, 2009

• i used pampers for my dd but i put a maxi pad around the top and it helps keep it from leaking
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on May. 3, 2009

• luvs work really well for my daughter. you should try taking away his drink an hour or so before bed.. or getting up in the night and changing him.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 9:35 AM on May. 3, 2009

• My 14 mo old is a pee-machine, he pees more than any child I've ever met. He can completely soak a diaper in less than an hour... yeah. With that said - if your child is peeing "up" the diaper (like, out of the top) try making sure his little "man" is pointed down when you put a clean diaper on him. If its pointed up, the pee won't even touch the diaper, it will just come out of the top.

We use pampers at night because they absorb like crazy, and have the "mesh" lining that keeps the pee from being held against his skin. During the day, he uses dollar general brand, they absorb pretty well too. Our experience w/ Luvs - ONE night, we woke up the next a.m. and the diaper had fallen apart (crumbled) in his crib. That was gross.
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 10:07 AM on May. 3, 2009

• What are you using? Huggies leak...Pampers are the best!
    QuintinsMom520

Answer by QuintinsMom520 at 10:13 AM on May. 3, 2009

• The heavy night wetting should start to lighten up as baby starts drinking less at night. We stopped giving anything but water at night around 14 months and that's when my kiddo stopped leaking so much. He'll drink as much milk as you offer (replacing food, comfort, anything really) but he'll only drink water if he's truely thirsty.

Until then try huggies overnight sposies or there is also hemp and bamboo cloth diapers that are crazy absorbant! If you choose cloth ones just make sure you use a diaper safe detergent and no fabric softeners to keep them absorbant! My son uses a very baby bamboo diaper with a zorb insert and that lasts from 8 pm to 5 am.
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 10:18 AM on May. 3, 2009

• I don't know if you do this or not but it helps to point the "lil guy" down when you put the diaper on. I do that and use an overnight diaper 1 size bigger than we usually use. (size 4 for day and 5 for night)
    Anonymous

• When I was using Huggies, I'd wake up to a soaked baby. He pees a lot and every morning his back would be wet. (How it was on his back I have no clue.) I realized his diaper seemed to be too big, so we tried the Pampers and they are AMAZING! He can fill them up and pee some more and still not leak a single drop! I also made sure his penis was pointed down every time before I closed the diaper. I don't know how big your little one is, but I suggest Pampers for sure!
    HisMommy414

Answer by HisMommy414 at 6:27 PM on May. 3, 2009