How do you make Baked Ziti?

My son who is 10 is a very picky eater, I have a hard time getting him to eat alot of things. He tried baked ziti at school and told me he really liked it . I have been looking on the foodnetwork but I haven't seen any that I think he would like or that I could make. So can someone help me. I know it is a stupid question.

MOMOFZAN

Asked by MOMOFZAN at 9:59 AM on May. 3, 2009 in Food & Drink

• You can just simply boil some ziti as normal. Drain, mix with pasta sauce and meat (meat is optional) and then pour in baking dish, cover the top with mozzarella and parmesan cheese and bake for about 10 minutes or so.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 10:03 AM on May. 3, 2009

• Baked Ziti Casserole
    1 28-ounce can whole tomatoes -- drained
    1 cup ricotta cheese
    1/4 cup chopped red onion
    1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
    1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
    4 cups hot cooked whole wheat ziti or penne
    1 15-ounce can great northern beans-rinsed and drained (or 1.5 cups home cooked)
    3 slices mozzarella cheese-6 1/2 x 4-inches each
    Grated parmesan cheese-if desired
    Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a rectangular baking dish, 11 x 7 x 1 1/2-inches, with nonstick cooking spray. Break up tomatoes in large bowl. Stir in ricotta cheese, onion, parsley, thyme, salt and red pepper. Carefully fold in pasta and beans. Pour pasta mixture into baking dish, spreading evenly. Arrange mozzarella cheese on top. Bake uncovered about 30 min. or until mixture is hot and cheese is golden brown. Sprinkle with parmesan

Answer by rkoloms at 12:13 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I make mine alot like the baked ziti recipe above, only I do not add beans to mine. I also roast some green peppers, then I food process those along with grated carrots and zuchini and add that all to my sauce. I have noticed with a 2 year old and a 3 year old that it is hard to get them to eat veggies so I hide them in the sauce and they never know they are there. So, if your 10 year old has as hard of a time with veggies as my girls do, maybe try that trick also.
    G/L!
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 1:59 PM on May. 3, 2009