No period and negative test?

I was supposed to get my period last week, but it never came so I took a test yesterday and it came out negative. I've been extremely tired and sick to my stomach (just like I was with my 1st). And the only time I have ever missed a period is when I was pregnant! How common is it for a false positive and how long should I wait to test again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on May. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• When did you take the test? The best time to take it is in the morning. If you take another one this weekend and it still comes out negative, I would make an appointment for this week and have a blood test done. That way you know for sure. If your not pregnant then it could be something else, such as stress or something a little more serious. The sooner you find out the faster it will be to treat you if it is not a pregnancy.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:30 AM on May. 3, 2009

• Well a false positive is where a test reads positive but the person really isn't pregnant. I had one of those when I was 18 and I cried and cried! If you feel like you did the first time you were pregnant then maybe you are and your hormones just haven't built up enough for the test to show up positive yet. Otherwise maybe you're just stressed about something.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:31 AM on May. 3, 2009

• lol! Sorry! I meant false negative!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on May. 3, 2009

• i'd wait another week. i had a false positive once, i was a month and 2 weeks late and had NO idea what was going on. its just one of those things sometimes.
    shelbysunflower

Answer by shelbysunflower at 10:53 AM on May. 3, 2009

• home pregnancy tests never ever worked for me until these babies and i think that was only becasue there are 2 of them lol. i always had to get a blood test done that way you know for sure

good luck and all the baby dust in the world ta ya girl!!
    full_house

Answer by full_house at 10:57 AM on May. 3, 2009

• by the way i have had 5 other kids
    full_house

• From one day to the next you could get a positive result. I'd take one tomorrow morning.
    ours

Answer by ours at 11:11 AM on May. 3, 2009

• My period was 2 weeks late before I got a positive test. I just don't pass the hormones to my urine very well. Ask your doctor if they will give you a blood test, they are much more accurate.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 11:40 AM on May. 3, 2009

• Well I didnt test positive until almost 10 days after my missed period. It said negative but no period and I was like what the!!??? So keep trying! Also try diff brands :)
    marzymarz

Answer by marzymarz at 12:33 PM on May. 3, 2009