What is a good OTC allergy medicine?

I notice allergy meds are pricey. I am seeing mostly Zyrtec is the most expensive but is it any good? Does anyone have any feedback or can tell me what is good that won't make me drowsy?

HauntedStarr

Asked by HauntedStarr at 10:36 AM on May. 3, 2009 in Health

• for you? Allegra D ask for a rx my co pay is less then the price of OTC allergy meds
    for your child? OTC childrens Clairitin works for my kids but it takes 3 doses (days) to kick in really well and yes it is freakin expensive
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:39 AM on May. 3, 2009

• I like clairitin. that really works for me. you can go to walmart and get the generic brand for less and it works just as well.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:40 AM on May. 3, 2009

• My husband uses Zyrtec and as long as he takes it everyday he does't have a problem at all! You can usually get a $5 coupon in the coupon ads and at BJ's you can get a really good deal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on May. 3, 2009

• We us ethe store brand from Target (Knock off of Zyrtec).
    They're essentially the same, but 1/2 the cost.
    xo
    ShutterbugMama

Answer by ShutterbugMama at 11:06 AM on May. 3, 2009

• Zyrtec D is the only allergy med that works for me and it is well worth the cost. I have tried generic brands of Zyrtec D and they didn't work for me. For Zyrtec D, you have to get it from behind the counter because it has Pseudoephederine in it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:54 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I hated clariton it didnt do a thing for me Zyrtec or Zyrtec D worked pretty good for an OTC prabablly the best youll get. Im am taking the generic fro allegra now its a perscription but w/ insurance its only 10 for a 30 day supply. I dont use it everyday but its nice to have
    Anonymous

• I haven't found one that I enjoy. They all leave me feeling spacey, tired, or are new and recently proven as a carcinogenic. (cancer causing). I tried allergy shots for awhile. What has worked best for me lately is honey, Tbsp a day from your local bees. I also keep my bedroom pillow case clean free from fresh air/pollen changing the case at bed time if necessary. I also shower at night during the spring time especially during allergy attacks. Washing the hands/face/hair and nose and changing clothes clears the pollens that will just drag on an attack after exposure for me. Let me know if you find one that you like.

massagegiftmom

Answer by massagegiftmom at 3:22 PM on May. 3, 2009

• well I requested a sample from Zyrtec so we shall see, thank you!
    HauntedStarr

Answer by HauntedStarr at 4:21 PM on May. 5, 2009

• We use CVS brand of Zyrtec for my son... Since we have started we have had no problem and it is less then half the cost of the name brand!
    mommy2bryson

Answer by mommy2bryson at 4:12 PM on May. 6, 2009