My babies "little man"

My son is about 8 months on and he is cer. but the skin is kind of rolled up over the tip. I always thought it might be because he was cold or something but its been like that for a while. It that normal or something I should ask his dr. about. They havent said anything in his check up so i thought i was ok untill my mom asked me about it and said that when my brother was a baby his was always pushed out of the skin. Any input would be great. thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on May. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I am pretty sure this is normal. Hes a little boy and not getting erect so it is "hiding"! I have seen this on my nephews. I dont think there is anything to worry about!
    jpage

Answer by jpage at 10:43 AM on May. 3, 2009

• My son's is the same way. I mentioned it to the pediatrician and she said in time it will work itself out. She didn't seemed concerned about it at all.
    dawpea

Answer by dawpea at 10:45 AM on May. 3, 2009

• it's normal! just make sure to pull that back occasionally or it can kinda reatach a little bit. That happened with my son.
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 10:49 AM on May. 3, 2009

• This is baby fat :) My son is just now starting to outgrow that and he is 26 m/o.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 11:02 AM on May. 3, 2009

• sk is right; if that doesnt work, they can take more skin (knew a friend who finally opted to re-circ).
    Be well!
    ShutterbugMama

Answer by ShutterbugMama at 11:03 AM on May. 3, 2009

• Can't we be adults and spare the euphemisms? "Little man" -- seriously? Penis is not a dirty word.
    Anonymous

• Your post is kind of confusing but I'll try. Is he circ'ed? If so.....the first mistake (besides circ'ing him the first place) would be retracting what's left of the foreskin. If there's still some foreskin left, you should treat it as if he was intact and NOT retract it. This will cause pain and adhesions. The reason why this has happened is because the glans is suppose to be an internal part of the body (hence the foreskin), so the penis is trying to heal itself. :/
    BttrMom0407

Answer by BttrMom0407 at 3:40 PM on May. 3, 2009

• My son has a problem with his pee pee too. It looks like the tip fused together in the front to the shaft...like it isn't a complete mushroom. When he is older that will probably be a problem. I am going to take my son to a pediatric urologist for a second opinion b/c the pediatrician said it was just a cosmetic thing. ugh...I don't know about that. lol.
    mommylovesu28

Answer by mommylovesu28 at 4:38 PM on May. 3, 2009