Wall Street

Obama has said that Wall Street will not play as large a roll in our nations economy in the future. Is this just another clue in a string of clues that he plans to nationalize the companies in our country?

jesse123456

Asked by jesse123456 at 10:57 AM on May. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think those of us who have learned to be completely self-sufficient, resourceful, creative, and strong willed and determined to make the best out of whatever lemons are thrown our way, should all keep doing what we've been doing in our pursuit of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness (whatever that entails), until we are essentially told we can't!

I refuse to listen to a bunch of emotionally stunted people who think they know what's in MY best interest (and that of my family)--that includes Obama and his administration! I just hope this country has enough resolve to be able to pull out of what is going to be a 4 year nosedive!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:58 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Could be. Who knows what evil lurks in the mind of communists?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on May. 3, 2009

• I don't understand how "nationalizing" PRIVATE companies and stocks helps grow a countries economy--especially a country like ours where MILLIONS of people DEPEND on the taxes brought about by PRIVATE companies and stock interests to keep government programs afloat!!!

WHERE will the money come from if no one is working to the point where taxes can be levied to support such programs?! People are NOT going to better themselves (earn higher degrees for professions such as doctors and lawyers), want to become business owners or celebrity types if they are going to be taxed to death or be capped on their income and investments!

Has Obama and company actually THOUGHT these socialistic/communistic plans all the way through?! Is our country going to become a mini Russia or China--where the government FORCES brilliant and creative people to work in medical and technology fields even if they don't want to?!

God help this country
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:36 AM on May. 3, 2009

• some times i wonder if obama really knows what he is doing to this country and then i remember that he got voted in because some celebrities told the American people to vote for him. not many Americans did there research when it came to this election, a lot of people only saw him for his skin color and thought that it was change enough for this country. i feel that if we would have really researched him and under stood how and why he voted for other things in the past i believe that he would not have been voted in. until the American people can see what a mistake they made by voting for some one because some one told them to or because the only change they could see being made had to do with skin color then we all have to suffer in the end.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 1:01 PM on May. 3, 2009

• zero has his head up his a--, wall street will always play a role in this country, he keeps forgetting not only is he just one man, but he won't live forever and he won't be President forever. his ego let's him believe he's God and he's invincible, keep smoking stupid.

Anonymous

• ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ WOW, SOMEONE NEEDS MIDOL (BAD)^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Anonymous

• until the American people can see what a mistake they made by voting for some one because some one told them to or because the only change they could see being made had to do with skin color then we all have to suffer in the end.

that is the most ridiculous thing i have heard in a while! I was part of a huge group here in Portland Oregon who supported Obama and we ALL had done research none of us voted for him because of his skin color or because a celebrity told us to. I voted for him because he is a good man and i agree with his policies. people keep saying that we made a mistake by voting for him but, guess what WE don't think we did!!! You disagree with what he is doing...I don't ....you don't like him I do and everything that you bring up as to why you don't like him I am just going to tell you why it makes me like him. I am sooooo sick of the obama bashing!!

Anonymous

• cont
    the stuff you are saying about obama is your opinion! NOT FACT!
    Anonymous

• All of you make excellent points. Some with more passion than others. Extension to the question. How do we stop the nationalization of our private businesses, and help this economy continue to heal despite the liberals' herculean efforts. They seem to not care about the will of the majority of the people and only care about a liberal agenda. How do we stop it?
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 1:45 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I researched the crap out of every little detail of this election and both candidates. I voted Obama and I still support my decision. It had nothing to do with his skin color or celebrities or any of that...that is such a dumb statement to make and it shows that you have not done your research.
    Can you imagine where we would be with McCain right now. ***shudder***
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 2:51 PM on May. 3, 2009