Did anyone use that second-stage formula for their toddlers?

Just wondering. It seems like they're just trying to con us out of more money, but I could be wrong. So if you used it with your kids, did you notice any sort of difference?

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 11:00 AM on May. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I dont understand older formula. When my oldest was one, she was on soy milk and is fine!
    jpage

Answer by jpage at 11:06 AM on May. 3, 2009

• I used the free cans--threw them in the diaper bag for an emergency. My kids were on milk by 12 months, and we started mixing w/formula when they hit the 11th month. No problems, no issues, they are smart, healthy, and love milk. I think in a way it is a money making scam, "Buy this to make sure your child gets what he/she needs nutritionally and you'll be a better mom." Most people I know can't wait for the 1 year age to switch to milk. Saves money and time. :)

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 11:19 AM on May. 3, 2009

• My son is 18 months and still on formula. He does alright with milk, I'm just not sure he's ready and it has alot more in it than whole milk.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 11:25 AM on May. 3, 2009

• I'm thinking about it. Call me paranoid but I'm afraid he won't be getting enough nutrition from milk and table food alone. I can't explain it, it doesn't make sense lol. But I'm thinking about using it just to make sure.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 11:27 AM on May. 3, 2009

• LOL- I've got the free cans. . .baby wouldn't touch the stuff. You want it?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:34 AM on May. 3, 2009

• I would use it if it was medically necessarry (ie my son continued to have issues with lactose soy and protein or had a condition that prevented him from being able to eat the table foods necessary to grow) but other than that milk water and a balanced diet should do just fine
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:37 AM on May. 3, 2009

• I used them w/ my 1st child after he turned a year. He was allergic to cows milk. Soy milk etc does not have enough fat in it for brain dev in the 2nd yr. with my second child I realised how silly it was to pay for toddler formula when I had free cow milk free breastmilk. I breastfeed him till 2 1/2yrs.
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 11:47 AM on May. 3, 2009

• I didn't use it with my 1st.. she was ready for something that tasted good .. real milk by that time.. but she was a good eater too. To be honest I was happy I was done paying for formula at that point.. they aren't really having that much formula at that age just a bottle or two if you're wanting to try it I say go for it if you can afford it and it makes you feel better it can't hurt.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 12:56 PM on May. 3, 2009

• No, I never did. I actually had my son on 2% milk by 8 months old. I do believe it is a waste of money to buy Toddler Formula. The doc approved of the 2% milk when I did it and my son got plenty of nutrients and fat from all the other food he was eating. He was also on all tablefood at the same time. He is a healthy and happy 13 yr old.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:40 PM on May. 3, 2009

• They don't need it, it's a marketing ploy. I could have swore I read "corn syrup" on the label...
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 3:10 PM on May. 3, 2009