Question for all the mommies out there ,

Well im 32 weeks today and i want to start looking around for the crib, pack and play, high chair, stroller, etc. This is my first baby and its a boy:) Well i was thinking about colors and patterns and all so i was wondering if i get greens and yellows or browns for the strollers and all so when and if we have an other baby thats a girl we allready have one. But i really wanted to buy something more boy-ish. What did all of you's do? Or think i should do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on May. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'd buy yellow and it can boyed up or girlyed up with toys and blankets more than green or brown can. Congratulations mommy!!!! How exciting!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on May. 3, 2009

• You can always go gender neutral and then dress it up with boy blankets and toys. I knew this would be my last, so I went all out with the boy stuff lol.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 11:22 AM on May. 3, 2009

• well if your planning on using it all for the next baby then i would buy neutral colors that could be either for a boy or a girl. i have come to realize that it doesnt matter what color you have your child in someone some where is going to say "is it a boy or a girl" like duh all the blue or all the pink didnt give it away. people really are stupid lol
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:23 AM on May. 3, 2009

• Yellow is good, it's neutral. But I like browns because you can add colors to it to make it either a boy or a girl look. I've seen some really cute Brown & Pink furniture and equipment. So brown would be a good color for me. Good luck in your selection.
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 11:34 AM on May. 3, 2009

• I like the browns and greens that are out right now- very gender neutral.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:04 PM on May. 3, 2009

• All of my baby stuff is in bright colors, I got the Rainforest stuff from Fisher-Price. Can be used for either gender, and my son loves it. I did buy him ONE totally boy thing...his car seat. I figured that he should have something just for him, and a car seat is a safe bet because you can't reuse them. It has dinos on it and he just loves it!
    Babyness

Answer by Babyness at 12:49 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I was in your boat with my daughter. I sat there forever debating to get pink girly stuff or gender neutral. In the end I went with pink because in all honesty thought most of the neutral stuff was ugly and I just wanted to treat her like a little princess lol. We don't plan on having another for about 5 years, if at all, and if it turns out to be a boy, we'll just buy new stuff.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 12:53 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Everyone will say that neutral is the way to go but think about it. If your next one is a girl are you not gonna go right our and registrar for the most girly pink stuff you can find? Point being, get what you love! If you love the blue with puppies and frogs get it! If you love the naturals yellow get it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:29 PM on May. 3, 2009

• even a soft or pastel blue, yellow and green can be used for a girl!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:38 PM on May. 3, 2009

• i just picked out some of my items and i dont know what i'm having yet. i went with yellows, whites and silver. brown could work too. pair it with pink if it's a girl or blue for a boy. and trying to go neutral to save later is so smart!
    kristinmj

Answer by kristinmj at 2:17 PM on May. 3, 2009