Recession and self esteem?

Do you think people have are having a harder time with themselves during the recession? Low self esteem, depression, anxiety, etc. I was thinking that with less money to spend and/or being laid off it could emotionally and psychologically effect people. I don't know..

What Do You Think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on May. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It's a difficult time for a lot of people who have lost their jobs and cannot find work.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on May. 3, 2009

• i really feel for them. Depression/Anxiety sucks!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on May. 3, 2009

• If you watch the news everyday it can seriously mess with your head. The other day I had teh news on and in teh first five minutes I heard three different stories about bodies being found... I don't watch teh news or listen to the radio. I seem to be doing alright but then again my husband has a job so I cant really complain too much
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:33 AM on May. 3, 2009

• Not me! I found that I am MORE confident, since we have been able to get through our hiccups successfully.

I am also very adept at doing my own hair cuts, color, mani/pedi's etc, so while I find it pampering to hit the salon, I find it empowering to hit the bathroom.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:37 AM on May. 3, 2009

• eh, to me my self esteem isn't connected to material things. Some ppl's self esteem revolves around the stuff they have and the money they make. So a bad economy may hurt their self-esteem but I dont think it will mine. As long as I have my family I'll be ok.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 3:49 PM on May. 3, 2009