Organic Baby Food?

Well I've decided that i'm not going to breast feed I've never really been into that so i was thinking instead of breast feeding then, latter i would feed him organic gerber baby food, whats your input on that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on May. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It is WAY healthier and cheaper to make your own :) All you do it steam veggies then blend- BUT if you really want to buy it- according to my Dr the standards on baby food are so high that it doesn't really make that big of a differance - except in price- BUT the best thing you can do is make your own :)
    jessicasea

Answer by jessicasea at 11:33 AM on May. 3, 2009

• Oh- you can steam an entire squash and then blend it- put it in ice cube trays, freeze, then place in zip loc freezer bags and date- each ice cube size is about 1 serving :)
    jessicasea

Answer by jessicasea at 11:34 AM on May. 3, 2009

• the only reason my baby gets organic gerber food is because there are about 8 other regular gerber dinners...and giving her organics in addition to those increases the variety...i've tried the "make it yourself way"...frozen, reheated vegetable taste like crap...don't be cheap...just go buy it...how much is a jar of baby food? 33 cents...65 cents...a dollar...whatever.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on May. 3, 2009

• If the stuff you are making tastes like crap then you are doing it wrong :)
    jessicasea

Answer by jessicasea at 11:40 AM on May. 3, 2009

• Ok i dont see how you can relate breastfeeding with organic foods. It's not like by giving organic foods you are making up for everything your baby missed out on with breast milk.

organic foods instead of breast feeding... yea right thats just silly
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on May. 3, 2009

• you can't substitute baby food for breast milk. if you don't want to breastfeed and you want his food to be organic, you can give your baby organic formula. i believe that formula or breast milk is recommended as their primary source of nutrition until they're around 12 months old.
    asyoulikeit

Answer by asyoulikeit at 12:50 PM on May. 3, 2009

• not going to start a bashing session,but im just curious to why you arent going to breastfeed? but anyways, when you baby is ready for solids (wait till 6 months of age!) organic is the way to go! Gerber has an organic line and are often on sale. get a baby club membership if your grocery store offers one and you'll get so many coupons! I make my sons babyfood. steam, puree and serve! or if it's ok raw (like bananas, kiwi and avacado) just mash and serve! much healthier, and much cheaper! you can store the food in icecubes. three sweet potatoes feed my son for 2 weeks!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:36 PM on May. 3, 2009