What's been the worst time of motherhood for you? For me it was worrying if my son had hodgkins or not, he didn't thankfully.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on May. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• We just found out my son is having learning disabilities and also other health problems that the dr is finally taking seriously. I just wish I could take away all his troubles.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on May. 3, 2009

• When my son was born very sick. Thankfully he's healthy now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on May. 3, 2009

• OP glad to hear things are good. anon sorry hope you get it all worked out. i know his troubles are soothed knowing his mother loves him
    mine are the teen years ughhh they are killing me
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:37 AM on May. 3, 2009

• I had to have an emerg c-section at 23 weeks with our 4th baby. So I would say the worst time for me was the 2 1/2 mos that she was in the NICU.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 11:37 AM on May. 3, 2009

• aww guys im sorry you all had to go through these things. i feel stupid for my answer now cause i never really had anything major to worry about with my children (thank the lord) god bless you all
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:43 AM on May. 3, 2009

• When it was revealed that my daughter almost died because I wasn't making enough breast milk. That was almost 10 months ago, and I STILL live with the guilt.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 1:05 PM on May. 3, 2009

• at my sons 7 month well visit he wasnt gaining weight so they did some blood tests (just to check and make sure there wasnt a medical reason) and his liver enzymes were high. so we had to do all these bloodtests, liver ultrasound and drive far to the "nearest" specialist. he has shown improvement and the pediatrician is at peace that maybe he's just tiny and the tests have been negative. lots of stress and anxiety, but my son is healthy =0)
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:30 PM on May. 3, 2009

• fallaya: my son was ebf and at the 7 mo well visit they said it might be my breastmilk lacking enough nutrition so i had to add formula to his diet. it made me feel heartbroken that it was like..."my fault" he wasnt on the growth chart. and even after the formula he wasnt gaining enough weight which is what led to the bloodtests! but after all the negatice results they figured he is just a tiny baby. he is one now and about 20 lbs. has a buddha belly and eats like a pig!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:33 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Watching my daughter hooked up to tubes and hoses with needles out of her head when she was in the NICU. I still have horrible dreams about that. Luckily now she is healthy and doing well (other than not talking)
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 1:47 PM on May. 3, 2009

• My thoughts exactly ZaTa. Even on the not talking. Worse than all of that though was the day my son was transferred from the hospital he was born in to the nearest NICU, 60 miles away, while I was still in the hospital undergoing transfusions.
    ljmcmichael

Answer by ljmcmichael at 2:15 PM on May. 3, 2009