Is it possible??

Ok so last night my bf and I had our Birth Control Method COMPLETELY fail on us. So I was trying to figure out my ovulation date which from site to site it differs. It could be anywhere from the 31st of April till the 2nd of May which was yesterday the same day our method fails. I know you are fertile before ovulation, but can you get pregnant a day or so after?? I know this might sound silly but I am freaked out. Any answers would be more than greatly appreciated. I think we could be in trouble here. Not that I don't want a baby I am just in school and so close to being finished. Anyway thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on May. 3, 2009 in Health

• Yes. Sperm can stay alive in you for up to a week after, so it is very possible.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on May. 3, 2009

• Go to the pharmacy and get Plan B. Go now, it must be take within 48 hours.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:24 PM on May. 3, 2009

• By the way, you can even get pregnant during your period.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:25 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Maybe this will help ease your mind - Even if you have intercourse in the PERFECT timing to get pregnant, you still only have like a 17% chance of conceiving. Don't stress yourself out. Everythings fine and you have no reason to really worry yourself right now... If you stress too much about it, you can cause your period to be late and then you will REALLY be worried so just take a deap breath.... Everything is fine =]
    Don't let yourself worry until you know for SURE that you have reason too...
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 7:26 PM on May. 3, 2009

• rkoloms is right... I got pregnant with my DD just a few days after my period... so you really can get pregnant anytime of the month. But if it this had accured a week and half from now would you be this worried about it? Probably not right? So don't let it get to you now either.... Good Luck =)
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 7:29 PM on May. 3, 2009