no contractions

I'm 38 weeks and I haven't had a BHC or regular contraction in almost 2 weeks, is this normal or should I call my doctors office and see what they say? I mentioned it at my apt on Tuesday last week but I don't go in again until Friday the 8th and I don't know if I want to go almost 3 weeks with no signs of contractions. Any suggestions?

mothergibson

Asked by mothergibson at 12:20 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Honestly, I had like 3 BH contractions the whole time I was pregnant. I didn't start having even irregular contractions until I was 39 weeks. If you are worried about it, call the doc, but I wouldn't worry too much. When your baby is ready to be born, your body will let you know!
    Babyness

Answer by Babyness at 12:47 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I didn't have contractions at all with my son. Even after my water broke (at 1:30, first contraction at 2 AM) and I had him 100% natural, no pectosin and no issues.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 1:06 PM on May. 3, 2009

• even with all of the old wives tales... the baby isnt going to come until they are ready... you can drink all the caster oil you want and run up and down all the stairs.... without drugs... you cant rush nature... also remember due dates are a guess babies can be safely delivered well into 2 weeks after the due date... a watched pot never boils
    mamachef694

Answer by mamachef694 at 2:03 PM on May. 3, 2009