Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do i get my adult daughter to get rid of the loser?

they have been living here for 4 years he is a drug addict and i think she is doing it to sometimes. they have two kids tay and collin.he will not leave he will not work half the time,,,,fed up!!!

Answer Question

Asked by witchyeyes at 8:56 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Adult Children (18+)

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • nothing you can do. its her choice, just make sure to always be there for her when she does need you. one day she will open her eye's and see him for who he really is, that is when she'll need you the most.

    Answer by mom2tocutekids at 9:01 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

  • Sounds like it is time for tough love the form of an eviction. Explain the house rules as no drugs. Tell your daughter that she and the kids are welcome to stay but he has to go. Expect her to be mad. There are no easy answers. She will probably leave with him...just make sure that she knows that the door is always open for her. good luck...this is a tough one. sorry!

    Answer by MommasCooCoo at 9:02 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

  • call the police and child services. you cant do anything else. and think about this....if the police come there without being called, like on a drug bust today's laws let them sieze EVERYTHING in the house as drug spoiles!! You willing to go to jail and loose it all?

    Answer by vbruno at 10:50 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

  • if they live with you kick himout, if she takes the kids and goes with him call cps!

    Answer by shetibo at 10:57 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

  • The more you fight the loser, the harder your daughter will dig in. I know, my dd dated someone I couldn't stand. However, you have grandchildren, so that changes the rules. Give her a choice, she can either put him out or she can leave with him but without the kids. Her decision should give you a clue as to if she is using or not.

    Answer by kodamom at 11:52 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

  • ok there are some good answers here I agree either tough love but be there for the grandchildren or call if 1st doesn't work to child protective services in your area or do something before gets worse now!!!

    Answer by ouromnifamily at 1:22 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

  • the more you try to break them up or get her to leave him the more you push her towards maybe you should just leave it alone for awhile and see what happens...or call like the post above said but be prepared that will make your daughter really angry but aleast its the safe thing to do

    Answer by mommieofone06 at 3:57 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.