Teenager doing the deed...what would you do?

I just found out my 13 year old is having sex with his girlfriend. I told him I would take him to buy condoms. I don't know what else to do about it, they will have sex whether I purchase them or not and I don't want a grandkid any time soon

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• 13 is too young to have sex. How scary!

The girl needs to be protected, as well.
    Anonymous

• I have talked about keepiing it in his pants till I was blue in the face. I thought he would wait but obviously he didn't. At first my heart was broke but I realize I have no controll over his johnson.
    Anonymous

• eww sorry still cant get used to children taking on what should be an adult responsibility. Dont know what to tell you. I would be heart broken. And I was when my oldest child a boy also ventured into sexual activity. He is 27 now and is regretting his irresponsibility, because he is now in love with a wonderful young woman and wishes they were each others first. They plan on marrying.

Anonymous

• 13 is too young for sex, protected or not. I think you missed the boat on this one as far as pregnancy and STD's, you ( IMO) need to put some eyeballs on this kid ( YOURS) and he needs adult supervision 24-7 for the next 2 years. Obviously, he has too much time on his hands, no supervision, and no guidance. Sorry, just what I think.
    Anonymous

• That would be one 13 year old that wouldn't be leaving the house for a while... Also, I think I'd be calling a group meeting with the girl and her parents to discuss why she and my son wouldn't be dating anymore. You're the parent... better get on it now before you do end up with grand babies!

Anonymous

• He was on a school trip when this happened the first time. Last night was the first time at the girls house and her parents were there too, checking up on them. I do not blame myself for this, I have had the talk with him and obviously I can't keep an eye on him 24/7.
    Anonymous

• Why the hell would you even give your son the option to be alone with his GF??? 13!! Seriously, IMO, you need to be a better parent. Keep a better eye on your baby. People like you piss me off!!! Just letting your kids run around and do whatever the hell they want. And no, they wont just do whatever they want if you ACTUALLY keep an eye on them. Believe it or not, you can keep him home. Drop him off, and pick him up from school, dont give him the opportunity to get away with this bullshit. He is ONLY 13!!! He is still a baby. Your the parent, not a friend, ACT LIKE ONE, DAMMIT!!!
    Anonymous

• Am i supposed to keep him in a bubble? I have just started letting him go places with a girl. ie the movies. They had sex on a school trip, so do I sue the school for not watching them? He is a great student so up until now I have not had to worry about him
    Anonymous

• 13 years old...omg...sick..sick...why would you even CONSIDER them being together like this.
    HE IS GOIN TO WRECK HIS LIFE..

ANOTHER LIFETIME ORIGINAL MOVIE in play...13 YEAR OLD BOY FATHERING TWINS..
    WATCH you will see..

BE A MOTHER...STEP UP ....GROUND HIM......TAKE EVERYTHING AWAY HE CARES FOR AND ABOUT...
    GET HIM INTO COUSELING, ....
    LOCK HIM UP IN MILITARY SCHOOL...OR YOU WILL HAVE GRANDCHILDREN SOONER THAN YOU THINK!
    Anonymous

• Lock him in his room. He's 13!!!! He has no business with a girlfriend as it is. YOU are the parent, act like it.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 1:26 PM on May. 3, 2009