• In the Spotlight:

Do you shop at yard sales?

if so what's the best deal you have found... I got a bassinet the other day they set up the frame so I could tell it was sturdy and all the fabric parts were still in the packaging they never used it I got it for $10 dollars my mom has wanted one to keep in her spare room at her house.

mizsaxton

Asked by mizsaxton at 1:05 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I love yard sales. I've gotten SO many good deals, it's hard to pick. We bought a portable dishwasher for $5 that worked perfectly; we used it until we remodeled our kitchen and put a permanent one in. We then gave it to our neighbors who used it for a few more years.

I once bought a set of fake houseplants, they were really dusty and dirty but the lady only wanted $5 for the two of them. I got around to cleaning them a week or so later, and found $140 in cash stuffed inside one of them.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 2:44 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I found cute little wooden chair at a yard sale. I stripped the paint off and put two coats of clear varnish on it. It's beautiful!
    Anonymous

• oh..I also found a beautiful antique wash stand that needs some TLC. I found it on Freecycle.
    Anonymous

• Awsome, yeah...I do yard sales and garage sales every now and then, but we mostlly have them...gotta do spring cleaning and make money lol. The best deal I got was a really cool coffee table for $5 love it!!
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 1:11 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I don't do a whole lot of yard sales (just don't get the time to) but when my hubby and I first got married we bought all our furniture at estate auctions. Granted, it wasn't the best furniture, but we had it for 3 years til we finally bought our first "brand new" furniture set!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:21 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Not really
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 1:22 PM on May. 3, 2009

• yes! I stop at them when I can. I also use craigslist to find great deals. I got an outdoor fireplace the other day off craigslist for $40. A new one that is similar to the one I got start at around $200, so I was very happy! My kids love their new campfire spot in the yard and they roast marshmallows on it every chance they get!

Earlier this year, I got a beautiful crib w/ matching changing table/wardrobe. Also got the mattress and full crib set. They also threw in the framed pictures that match the crib set and a window valance.... got it all for $40!

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 1:22 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I found a fisher price aquarium bouncy seat brand new never used for $10 and I also found a lighted china cabinet that was solid wood in perfect condition for $15.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 1:24 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I once found a Longaberger Basket, complete with liner and protector for 4.00. OMG, I love yard sales, thrift stores, second hand stores, etc. I just hate our Goodwill in town because they raised their prices so much.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:26 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Yeah, it's the best way to save money and not waste things.
    The BEST deal I've ever got? Oh lordy, I could write a book about that.
    SarahColbert

Answer by SarahColbert at 1:37 PM on May. 3, 2009