my 8 month old isn't interested in the bottle anymore

My son just doesn't really want his bottle anymore. He will eat cereal and regular food till he explodes, but only has 2 or 3 bottles a day. I think at his age most of his calories are supposed to come from his formula, I could be wrong, but it kind of worries me. He hates juice and sippy cups, so I'm also a little worried about him getting enough fluids.

I just want to know if this is normal or OK, and if not what should I do?

OwensMama824

Asked by OwensMama824 at 1:25 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Offer him a sippy cup and make sure that the solid that he gets are not allergy triggers (like wheat, soy, dairy, citrus, egg whites), are full of good fats, like avocado, egg yolk, olive oil; and are full of calcium like beans, tofu, leafy vegetables; and other nutrient rich foods, like kiwi and cooked sweet potato.
    More info here: http://www.pcrm.org/health/prevmed/building_bones.html
    go to your local library and look for a book called super baby foods by Ruth Yaron. More info here: www.superbabyfood.com.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:58 PM on May. 3, 2009