does any one else think this is stupid??

i am trying to get food stamps because my husband was laid off from work, he has been looking for a job ever since no luck yet. so i was told that i would have to provide ssi numbers and vaccination sheets to prove that they were my kids. Birth certificates are not enough these days.
so here is my question does any one else think that this is a dumb rule??

yes my kids are vaccinated but what about those who don't. how do they prove that they are there kids if a birth certificate wont work.

mrssundin

Asked by mrssundin at 1:25 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• NEVER heard of that-why would that matter???? If they are not vaccinated then they can't eat? PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 7:47 PM on May. 3, 2009

• that is kinda dumb...... a birth certificate should work
    Anonymous

• I have to take in my daughters birth certificate. and the other things you mentioned if she was born out of the state to get my daughters medical... school records work too. and I thought everyone got a vaccination card whether they chose to vaccinate or not. I don't know though...
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 1:29 PM on May. 3, 2009

• No b/c illegals make fake birth certificates and ssi cards all the time.
    Anonymous

• I ran into that problem at wic. they wouldn't accept my son because I stopped vaxing when he was 4 months due to concerns NOT involving autism.
    Anonymous

• Yes, it is annoying. We do not vax either with our youngest. We had to provide our exemption (religious for some and medical for the chicken pox vaccine) when we applied for FS. That on top of SS cards, photo ID's (driver's license) for me and my husband, birth certificates, rent receipts, utility bills, pay check stubs, vehicle titles, and on and on...
    Anonymous

• Thanks your local and federal government and the lack of control of our own borders for many years.
    Anonymous

• has nothing to do with the question here, just a really good story for all of those parents who choose to not vaccinate a child.
    I once worked for a man at a chain restaurant, he was an asst. mgr, the best job he could ever get because of his disability from polio as a child. He drove a Rolls Royce to work everyday, and nobody could ever figure out how he did it. So I asked him one day, if he was related to the owner of the restaurant and that was how he got to own a Silver Cloud. He told me, he got polio as a child, and sued his parents as an adult for not vaccinating him and won.
    The choice of not vaccinating, in my opinion is a selfish one. God Bless the innocents.
    Anonymous

• How would a vaccination record prove that you are the parents? I don't understand. You could have POA or be a legal guardian and still not be related by blood. This seems like overkill.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:19 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I dont think it is fair for any one to complain about the "work" it takes to apply for foodstamps. You are asking for a favor, you should at least be willing to do the paperwork.

I am not bashing, I understand that you are in a tough situation and that's what it is there for, but to me it sounds a little like complaining about a gift? right?
    Anonymous