why does my acrylic nail only on hands raise around the cuticle?

mswhite943

Asked by mswhite943 at 1:25 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• The nail tech told me they would do this if you are washing your hands alot. I did not believe her and went to a different salon. I have never had any trouble with that again. I think it was something they were doing or using to make my nails do this. I figure to get me to keep coming back, maybe?? This new salon, just fills them and thats it. I never need repairs, unless of course, it is my fault that I broke it or something.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:28 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Lifting is caused by a nail tech who doesnt know what shes doing honestly lol. I am in cosmo school and that is one thing they teach us. With acrylics there are things to be careful of and lifting is completely theyre fault even though most wont admit it. They should fix it for free for you!!!
    ladybug.ky88

Answer by ladybug.ky88 at 1:40 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Lifting only happened to me once and you could tell she did a sloppy job and hurried her way through it. I would switch salons. That isn't true, washing your hands come on!
    Anonymous

• I forget the technical reason, but lifting is a sign of shoddy work. They should fix them for you.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:36 PM on May. 3, 2009