What would you do if your child stole your car keys, buddy and him went for a drive and his friend was driving and went crashing through someone's garage?

Both boys minors (15 yrs old), son's friend behind the wheel alone but son got in at the bottom of the hill and told friend to stop. They drove about a mile, ended up damaging garage, police were called to the scene. No authorization to drive the car was given. Bad choices mad, son was pulled in but ended up being equally responsible and guilty for what happened. Some action will be taken. Not allowed to be with his friend, or around me since he pulls crap around me that just needs to stop. My dad's car and his insurance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Make him pay half.
    Anonymous

• Your son wasn't pulled in. He chose to go with him
    Anonymous

• Oh boy, this is the start of some bad times. You need to get ahold of this now. A friend's son was like this. It was the beginning of his finally doing jail time. Don't let that happen. If the police weren't involved in this, I would be taking his butt down there to speak to an officer, maybe try to put a scare into him.
    Anonymous

• LET THEIR ASSES SIT IN JAIL OVER NIGHT.
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 1:34 PM on May. 3, 2009

• He made the choice to get in the car his underage friend was driving. Everything that happened after that is equally his fault.
    Anonymous

• My son stole my car with a friend when he was 17. I called the police. They picked him up and he sat in juvenile hall until Monday. The judge saw them and the were sentenced to 45 days in Juvie. He has never done another thing like it since. I know there are some who will say I'm bad for it..but it wasn't their child it was mine and I handled it the best way I knew how. I would make the same choice again if I had to.
    Anonymous

• Omg I would have flipped out. I would have made him get a job so he can help pay for some. I would have ground him until he was 18. And if he didn't shape up his attitude and Shenanigans he would go straight to military school.
    leally26

Answer by leally26 at 1:51 PM on May. 3, 2009

• What do the other kid's parents have to say about this? Both kids should have to work to earn money to pay the damage. How can kids be so stupid? I am so glad that I don't have a car!!!

Answer by rkoloms at 2:02 PM on May. 3, 2009

• ummm , just talk to him , make sure he knows it was wrong , make him appologize ... than me & his father would pay for the damage ... after all he's my son and my responsibilty till hes 18 ... so ...
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 4:55 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Just talk to him? I don't think so.
    Anonymous